Dudes and their underwear

Dudes with underwear hanging out of the tops of their pants? I don’t understand it.

Underwear should be something mysterious, something you catch a glimpse of, or to be shown in its full glory whilst seducing the apple of your eye.

It is not to be shown in day to day life, hanging out the top of your trousers. Yes, I said trousers.

You know what I think when I see dudes with their underwear hanging out?

I make an assessment on the brand and therefore how much they are potentially earning and what they do for a living.

I judge. Harshly.

My judgment eyes get even harsher if even more underwear than the band is hanging out. ‘Really? Your pants are too loose, and you buy your underwear too big too? C’monnnn.’ I say that with my best Al Pacino accent.

No-one likes sloppy – and loose underwear on men is the equivalent of granny undies on women. If you’re thinking right now that semen die when underwear is too tight, then don’t fret… there is an acceptable level of tightness. If it can hang in multiple folds over the top of your pants then you need to go down a few sizes. And let’s face it, your package probably looks bigger with a bit of firmness than loose material around it, no pun intended. Ok, yes there was, but only as an afterthought.

Note: Moves like this kill semen – Firm underwear does not.

A few gents have told me that they wear underwear like that because “It means my jeans don’t rub on my skin.”

Who are you?! Girly men! Women wear denim on their skin every god-damn day, and you know what, we’d never be caught dead with our underwear hanging out the tops of our pants! And we moisturise, so therefore our skin is softer and is more prone to ‘rubbing’. Suck it up boys if that’s your reason.

And if you think that it’s fashionable to wear your underwear outside your pants, then make sure that you are feeding the eyeballs of the fashion conscious general public checking out your statement.

Wear old undies – Judgment eyes, and girls will assume you can’t afford new undies.

Wear cheap branded undies – Judgment eyes, and people will assume you’re cheap.

Wear expensive undies – Judgment eyes and people might call you a wanker.

Wearing Robert Pattinson undies – Judgment off the radar! And the kind of girls or guys you’d attract wearing these would be biters. ;) And if you’re dating a biter, tight undies aren’t going to seem so bad.

Therefore, I would suggest that you toughen up, keep them under your pants and bring a little mystery back. Mystery is hot – Visible underwear is not.

Thank you and goodnight.

Catch up with more from Courtney on her blog here.

Comments

Matt Akersten

Matt Akersten said on the 4th Apr, 2012

Gosh, I think I may have to invest in some new undies after this sassy sermon!

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 4th Apr, 2012

And then we want pics.

TheOldie said on the 4th Apr, 2012

I've never understood the pants half around yr arse or like that guy in the pic below your actual arse. You see them tugging them up all
the time and walking like they shit themselves.

They also need to take a look at their arse. Low riding pants make it look like yr cheeks are sagging all the way to yr knees.

I like the look of the band sticking out above the pants but thats the limit.

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 4th Apr, 2012

Do you know something I don't? :( are we talking button mushroom? :( Don't shatter my illusions sweetie -they are al I have :(

Magpiejay

Magpiejay said on the 4th Apr, 2012

Barrin

Barrin said on the 4th Apr, 2012

In prison they take away belts so that you have less opportunity to hang yourself - da pants sag below da hips on all da bad boys.
This look was appropriated by hip hop/rap artists and then made its way into the mainstream. It's a respectable fashion evolve.
However, those whoose pants sag while still wearing a belt, ought to be sent to prison to be shown how it's done.
That's all.

djak

djak said on the 4th Apr, 2012

Men, here's a rule of thumb. If you do something and girls don't do it then it's stupid.

TheOldie said on the 4th Apr, 2012

I think if people showed them what their arse looks like and the way they waddle , the fad would quickly be over.

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 4th Apr, 2012

I've got a fabulous arse. PM me for links.

mervotron

mervotron said on the 4th Apr, 2012

I've lost a bit of weight recently and all my jeans that I bought recently keep sinking when I walk... I need new clothes but need money for that...

mervotron

mervotron said on the 4th Apr, 2012

And I have a date tonight so if my pants are coming off for anyone it ain't you...

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 4th Apr, 2012

W h a t e v e r.

peter888

peter888 said on the 4th Apr, 2012

If you're going to sag, do it right!

Irene

Irene said on the 4th Apr, 2012

I think I'd rather see underwear than a crack

Hasanchop

Hasanchop said on the 4th Apr, 2012

Pretty sure they covered this in Clueless all those years ago...

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 4th Apr, 2012

You are a girl who doesn't have an unhealthy obsession with Mr A.

I want his babies Irene... all over my face *drools*

moon

moon said on the 4th Apr, 2012

Ohh come on, a fit bloke with his pants down showing undies in whatever condition is so sexy, second only to a bit of arse cleavage.

Dsquare

Dsquare said on the 4th Apr, 2012

If you're going to sag, do it right!

Totally agree. If you're gonna look like you don't know how to dress yourself at least make it worth looking at.

Cyclone55

Cyclone55 said on the 4th Apr, 2012

crazzymikey

crazzymikey said on the 4th Apr, 2012

its funny the young ones sag their pants under their bum. then middle life they wear it at the waist level but as they get older it rises up to when your elderly and its choking you.

the human condition? :D

Dsquare

Dsquare said on the 4th Apr, 2012

the human condition? :D

Actually I think I'm going in the other direction. When I was younger I wore my pants/jeans way too high - I think it was an 80's thing coupled with having boney child bearing hips. It's only in the last few years, which possibly could be referred to as (cough, cough) very very early middle age that I've been wearing them lower.

By the time I reach my dotage I'll probably have them around my ankles because I couldn't be fucked pulling them up.

fuzzypig

fuzzypig said on the 4th Apr, 2012

Love this look but taking them down to low ruins the whole fashion. And as my Mum always said "son make sure you have clean undies when you leave the home".

TheOldie said on the 4th Apr, 2012

TheOldie said on the 4th Apr, 2012

like he shat himself

Doolander

Doolander said on the 5th Apr, 2012

I don't mind a bit of underwear showing.
But really only at the stage where if they lift their arms, and their shirt rises up, then you see a little bit of the band above the waist line.
That's very hot, and keeps the mystery ;)

TheOldie said on the 5th Apr, 2012

I don't mind a bit of underwear showing.
That's very hot, and keeps the mystery ;)

exactly !

DavoJimbo

DavoJimbo said on the 5th Apr, 2012

One day, in my dotage, when I have lost the plot a bit, and I see one of those people who bend over and show a huge plumber crack, I am going to give in to my urge to shove something down it - like a flower, or worse.... and probably do the same to women who squeeze their mammary glands together and show the total result....here ya go princess....a flower for ya crack.... But for now, I resist the urge...but only barely....

Addison DeWitt

Addison DeWitt said on the 5th Apr, 2012

This should be mandatory reading for all men, and put into the syllabus for the education department. I now look forward to the companion piece about women wearing g-strings whose waistbands are higher than their jeans.... Underwear is exactly that- UNDER wear!! Thanks for an entertaining article ;-)

moose6969

moose6969 said on the 5th Apr, 2012

I dont mind the look actually, i love seeing what brand and colour other guys are wearing, lol

Cyclone55

Cyclone55 said on the 5th Apr, 2012

mervotron

mervotron said on the 5th Apr, 2012

Fahed

Fahed said on the 7th Apr, 2012

I'm a fan. A guy's ass is hanging out - why is anyone complaining? I can't wait until this trend becomes popular with guys who like to go commando ;)

Harrisonj1224

Harrisonj1224 said on the 10th Apr, 2012

I was told that in prison that if you wanted some "action" you ware your pants down low at the back it was a signal so the guards couldn't tell, so if u wear your pants down low you want to receive!

moon

moon said on the 12th Apr, 2012

I love that look, I always thought it so come hither, now I know it is.

moon

moon said on the 12th Apr, 2012

If you're going to sag, do it right!

That's not sagging, that's bragging, nothing better than a happy healthy specimen, as these two clearly are.

lilboyblue87

lilboyblue87 said on the 28th Apr, 2012

Never leave home without a belt!

badamj2000

badamj2000 said on the 8th May, 2012

Bravo. a charming well written article. I cant abide shown undies either. Im some places in USA there are sensible laws against it.

MatthewBanner

MatthewBanner said on the 25th Mar, 2013

Has anyone ever tried Briefs? if anyone had and you have gone for which Brand.