Yummy! 10 queer foods we can'tresist

No gay party is complete without shoving at least one of these down your throat. Here's the ten mouth-watering queerest foods and drinks you’ll come across when fine dining.

Flicking through a cookbook or the latest addition to the Golden Circle series and there seems to be a ridiculously large amount of recipes and foods that exist in the world that are just that little bit queer… either strange, oddly shaped or something that every queer you know enjoys swallowing whole.

This here is a list of food and drinks you probably don’t want to be consuming in front of your mother, lest she judge you to eternal damnation for acting a little too camp. Despite some things below being rather typically sexual in shape and design, a great number of us can’t help but have a sip or chew…

Cupcakes

Sweet, iced, often covered with finely sliced pieces of fruit… cupcakes are camp. And just like cupcakes, we're smooth and beautifully shaped on the outside, super fluffy on the inside. Who doesn’t love those super tasty cake-like goodies? You get the picture – we're just sugar-coating it for you. ;]

Cherries

Put two of them next to each other and you might understand what I’m referring to. Just dangling there, plump and luscious. Two tiny, tempting orbs you just want to nibble on. It’s not often you’ll see me toying around with my food, but when I’m in a public place and there’s an array of cakes sitting on a table, I’ll always choose the one with a cherry on top. Because it might be the only time during the evening I’ll act sexily enough to get the attention of the hot German waiter.

Soy Chai latte

A latte itself seems a little queer. A chai latte very queer. Though a soy chai latte? The queerest caffeine-filled drink one can order before 9am… though I gather no one who had a big Saturday night would order one of these till the working week kicks off again. Would you like a rainbow M&M cookie with that sir? May as well. May as damn well.

Macaroons

They’re a lightly baked French confection. Coming in a range of colours and flavours, it only seems fair that they’re included on this list. You know why? Because anything you’d find proudly displayed in a shop window in the same city that’s home to pink fairy floss coloured poodles is bound to be super queer.

Appletinis

Need I really say anything here? We all enjoy a cocktail, though nothing screams diva quite like a martini with apple juice. That deathly burning sensation one gets with the Oxford St favourite, Grey Goose Vodka. Add a little something that’s sweet and you’re good to go for a big night out on the scene. I’ll take one for the road dear bartender, shaken not stirred.

Comments

NewFarmer

NewFarmer said on the 5th Nov, 2012

rainbow cheesecake? Rainbow cheesecake is a thing?

Phazz

Phazz said on the 5th Nov, 2012

Had the best cheesecake ever in NYC at a place called Juniors.

Zepol23

Zepol23 said on the 5th Nov, 2012

ive never had chai before... whats it taste like?

melsby

melsby said on the 5th Nov, 2012

Nothing there that really tickles my fancy (xcept maybe cherries, sucker for glazed cherries in dark chocolate). Though I would be interested in finding out about some of the local restuarants. Kinda like a review thing, food quality, quantity, prices, locale, premises etc

VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler said on the 5th Nov, 2012

I guess gay = camp gay male

melsby

melsby said on the 5th Nov, 2012

Hey Vlad, maybe this would reassure you that food can be 'gay' and not camp
I think the syd harbour bears would appreciate this

MyBoyFreindIsGay

MyBoyFreindIsGay said on the 5th Nov, 2012

How disgusting! That's not food that is very nasty.

last night I had crispy cooked BBQ Thai fish with dipping sauce and lettuce.

TheOldie said on the 5th Nov, 2012

too cliched for me

never been to a bbq with 10% of whats there

one aus man

one aus man said on the 5th Nov, 2012

cherries banana and goldengaytime. the rest are too trying hard to be classified gay.

ryanaubersonwalsh

ryanaubersonwalsh said on the 5th Nov, 2012

I love how people take things seriously. Lighten up everyone, it was just a bit of humour. :]

wysi

wysi said on the 5th Nov, 2012

is it then fair to say this article belongs to Chat & Gossip section instead of News & Current Affairs?

MrAsh said on the 5th Nov, 2012

Pollywaffle! How can you omit Pollywaffle from a gay food list!!!

Irene

Irene said on the 5th Nov, 2012

What is it about cup cakes? They've been around forever, but I think the yanks have just discovered them. Before that, it was all about American muffins. Now cup cakes. What's next? The crazy thing is that all the dopes in Australia follow these yankie trends and ignored cup cakes while muffins were popular.

chimpy

chimpy said on the 6th Nov, 2012

What about lesbian food, like raw vegetables with spinach dip served in a bread bowl.

TheOldie said on the 6th Nov, 2012

don't forget mung beans and tofu :D

Phazz

Phazz said on the 6th Nov, 2012

This cocktail I had in New Orleans is pretty gay.

flounder

flounder said on the 6th Nov, 2012

Got maggoty at sporties with dash, linkin and others on long island iced teas, they seemed pretty gay.

Like a closseted gay though, the surprise came later when all was revealed.

chimpy

chimpy said on the 6th Nov, 2012

Urgh tofu is so lesbian! "I made a tofu stir-fry, now let's sit around and discuss socioeconomics"

The_Freak

The_Freak said on the 6th Nov, 2012

Like a closseted gay though, the surprise came later when all was revealed.

Yes, Mr Flounder! As M/s Irene said ....... more detail, please?

About the "revealing" that is, not the long island iced teas. LOL. :D:D

crazzymikey

crazzymikey said on the 6th Nov, 2012

yes and bagels. they are awful and heavy and there much nicer things to eat in australia than that crap - americans and jews can keep that one

wysi

wysi said on the 6th Nov, 2012

:mad: why so anti-yankee? :mad:

MrAsh said on the 6th Nov, 2012

I'm pro United States! ;)

flounder

flounder said on the 6th Nov, 2012

Oh no nothing revealed by me, although the gals were a little taken back when some stranger just dropped his cock out to show us it was tatooed and pa attached. Pretty weird I thought at the time?

The teas crept up like a thief in the night and hit me about 1am. Fuck lucky my motel was only a few hundred metres, although the route I took prob closer to 5kms

flounder

flounder said on the 6th Nov, 2012

I don't think I did any beats on my way home, in case this was troubling some people.

The_Freak

The_Freak said on the 6th Nov, 2012

Why do men with tattooed cocks and "jewelleried accoutrements" never flop it out in front of me? :(

Should I go to more bars and less libraries perhaps? ........ just asking? :D:D

flounder

flounder said on the 6th Nov, 2012

Should I go to more bars and less libraries perhaps? ........ just asking? :D:D

Library toilets may be better option? If its any consolation this was the first gay pub I've stepped into in 30 yrs on a night out, sure are a friendly crowd!!

gayrod

gayrod said on the 8th Nov, 2012

They look like Macarons not Macaroons

DavoJimbo

DavoJimbo said on the 9th Nov, 2012

whatever, at $2.50 each,adriana zumbo would personally need to give me a blow job with a box of 4 to make it true value... people have honestly lost the plot in sydney....its almond meal, sugar, and egg, for fucks sake... :-) would you like an over priced cup of coffee to go with that?