Chat and Gossip

Random Stuff

Tools
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
Default Random Stuff
Somewhere to post random videos and websites etc.
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
http://www.slate.com/id/2217225/
100 days of Obama's Facebook news feed

58 people are fans of Stimulus.
Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, and Arlen Specter changed their political views to Moderate.
61 people are fans of Stimulus.
Paul Krugman is having an aneurysm.

Barack Obama posted a video: Me on Leno!.
Hillary Clinton posted a video: Me on Leno in 1997.
Barack Obama sent a friend request to Iran.
Dick Cheney created the group Barack Obama: Enemy Combatant.
Barack Obama sent the Queen of England an iPod.
Barack Obama sent Somali Pirates a Trio of Snipers.

John Boehner posted an article: GOP Alternative Budget.
10 million people left the group Likely Republican Voters.
Paul Ryan posted an article: Alternative GOP Alternative Budget.
10 million people left the group Likely Republican Voters.

Sasha Obama and Malia Obama added the Dogbook application.
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17953817266

Snail Religion
Global
Basic Info
Type:
Common Interest - Religion & spirituality
Description:
This page is devoted to the Snail Religion and its beliefs.

We are male, we are female, we are both and we are neither

Make Love to Yourself, Not War with Others!!

The Snail Chronicles

Introduction

This is to inform the world of a new religion. This religion will change your life and make you see the error of your ways. I only ask that you read and draw your own conclusions but I am confident that you will see what an excellent religion this is. This religion is the Religion of The Snails and is base on the hermaphrodite snails and their way of life.

Viva Snails!

Chapter One

In the beginning were the snails. Shelled beings. They were blessed with both organs and lived a life of pleasure. They made love to themselves. They made love to others. The made love with lots of others and sometimes they made love with lots of others and all at the same time. They would then glide like angels across the green green grass and eat some lettuce leaves and then they would go back and make some more love. Such was the way of those first snails. The sun shone and the grass grew around them thick and green encompassing their sleek bodies and shiny shells with its naturistic love. In this idyll the snails entwined themselves within one another and all was well.

This feast of pleasures was not to last and shadows crept in from the depths of the forests and soon the Snail War erupted and all was to be lost in the struggle for supremacy.
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-d..._b_226738.html

Hypocrisy or Co-Signing? Elton John Concert is Fundraiser for Anti-Gay Politicians

Two politicians who have consistently voted against gay rights, Reps. John Shimkus (R-IL) and Jean Schmidt (R-OH), will be holding fundraisers at the Elton John/Billy Joel Face2Face concert in Washington DC's Nationals Park July 11, reports PartyBlog.

Maybe they don't care that Elton John is gay, united in a civil union with David Furness, and a tireless fundraiser for HIV/AIDS. Shimkus held a fundraiser at an Elton John concert in 2005 and the Kentucky Democrat reported:

A spokesman for Shimkus, Steve Tomaszewski, said his boss's fund-raiser at the Elton John concert was neither an endorsement of the singer's politics nor a betrayal of Shimkus' stand on gay marriage. Shimkus won't attend himself, however, because of a scheduling conflict, Tomaszewski said.

In 2006 Schmidt and Shimkus voted to define marriage in the Constitution as a one man-one woman affair, and a year later they voted against a measure aimed at prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. Then in June 2008, they co-sponsored a bill to amend the Constitution to prevent same sex couples from marrying.

Despite campaigning for global gay rights, Elton John is very not supportive of civil marriage equality. Or maybe he just doesn't understand that civil unions do not allow couples in the U.S. over 1,300 rights granted to heterosexual married couples. In November 2008, Sir Elton told USA Today:

We're not married. Let's get that right. We have a civil partnership. What is wrong with Proposition 8 is that they went for marriage. Marriage is going to put a lot of people off, the word marriage...I don't want to be married. I'm very happy with a civil partnership. If gay people want to get married, or get together, they should have a civil partnership. The word "marriage," I think, puts a lot of people off. You get the same equal rights that we do when we have a civil partnership. Heterosexual people get married. We can have civil partnerships.

His quotes were used by Yes-on-8 fund raisers in the aftermath of the passage of ballot initiative that eliminated same-sex marriage in California. Who knows, Sir Elton's views on marriage might just be the ticket for Schmidt and Shimkus and their supporters. Shimkus will most likely not be attending Saturday's concert and Schmidt's rep did not respond to press inquiries.

Concert promoters are happy to sell blocks of tickets; politicians are happy to use concerts as a fundraiser, their constituents are thrilled to see a hot show, so it's a win/win situation for all. But in this case, the whole thing is nasty, self-serving and hypocritical for the Congresspeople and maybe for the artist.

[h/t PartyBlog]

Lisa Derrick is LaFiga on Firedoglake.com

Follow Lisa Derrick on Twitter: www.twitter.com/lalisa93

* Marriage

Two politicians who have consistently voted against gay rights, Reps. John Shimkus (R-IL) and Jean Schmidt (R-OH), will be holding fundraisers at the Elton John/Billy Joel Face2Face concert in Washin...
Two politicians who have consistently voted against gay rights, Reps. John Shimkus (R-IL) and Jean Schmidt (R-OH), will be holding fundraisers at the Elton John/Billy Joel Face2Face concert in Washin...

http://blog.politicalpartytime.org/2...to-raise-cash/
Partytime • POSTED - 07.06.09 BY josh
Anti-gay rights Reps use Elton John to raise cash

At least two members of the House of Representatives–both of whom are on record opposing gay rights–will be hosting fundraisers at the upcoming Billy Joel/Elton John “Face2Face” concert at Nationals Park on July 11.

In July 2006, Reps. John Shimkus (R-IL) and Jean Schmidt (R-OH) both voted to define marriage in the Constitution as a one man-one woman affair, according to ontheissues.org and the Human Rights Campaign.

In November 2007, both representatives voted against a measure aimed at prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. And in June 2008, they co-sponsored a bill to amend the Constitution to prevent same sex couples from marrying. Shimkus voted to ban gay adoptions in DC in July 1999. (Ontheissues records of these votes can be found here and here).

Sir Elton John has been a vocal advocate for HIV/AIDS prevention and for global gay rights (see his foundation here, and attempts to raise public awareness here).

This isn’t Shimkus’ first Elton fundraiser. In 2005 the Kentucky Democrat reported:

“A spokesman for Shimkus, Steve Tomaszewski, said his boss’s fund-raiser at the Elton John concert was neither an endorsement of the singer’s politics nor a betrayal of Shimkus’ stand on gay marriage. Shimkus won’t attend himself, however, because of a scheduling conflict, Tomaszewski said.”

Tomaszewski confirmed Thursday to Party Time that the congressman will most likely not be attending the fundraiser on July 11 either. Rep. Schmidt’s director of communications would only agree to answer questions by email, and has not yet responded to Party Time.
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
online live recreation of the apollo 11 mission - http://wechoosethemoon.org/
DavidL +

coooold

Times thanked
An episode from the preschool art project 'Big Art For Little People':
Same Same Media Player
Grote Kunst Voor Kleine Mensen: Chocolade haas (Chocolate bunny) - YouTube
Asherbella +

Follow your passions, enrich your heart, embrace peace - make the shadows depart

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
Harry S. Truman admits UFOs are real - YouTube
Asherbella +

Follow your passions, enrich your heart, embrace peace - make the shadows depart

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
Before a Bush Speech, this happens - YouTube
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidL View Post

An episode from the preschool art project 'Big Art For Little People':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SZYZLfZ7E&fmt=18

i can't believe how sad that made me feel.
Asherbella +

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
YouTube
DavidL +

coooold

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by ammonite View Post

i can't believe how sad that made me feel.

I know! I watched it yesterday and felt totally down afterwards.

Something a little more upbeat:
Same Same Media Player
DEADLINE post-it stop motion - YouTube
Asherbella +

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
YouTube
DavidL +

coooold

Times thanked
I want one of these:
Same Same Media Player
real human interface - YouTube
Asherbella +

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
YouTube
Asherbella +

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
Become a Cartoon Voice Actor : Demos for Cartoon Voice Over - YouTube
Thrawn04 +

Is now an approved member of the Star Wars costuming groups the 501st Legion and the Rebel Legion :D Expect to see me at GoldNova 2013 and Dreamworld on May the 4th weekend :D

Times thanked
Oh. My. Gosh. I just found this on ninemsn.com.au! I can't stop laughing at this! Totally Random - and somewhat "gay".

Same Same Media Player
Dance-Off with the Star Wars Stars 2009 - Hyperspace Hoopla - YouTube
"May the Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall!" - Count Dooku
"Welcome to my new Empire, Doctor" - Davros

Last edited by Thrawn04: 23rd July 2009 at 09:24 PM

ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
Asherbella +

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
1920's Fox Trot - YouTube
naughtylion +

shit hot.

Times thanked
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! Ammonite that made me blow snot fucking everywhere!! Nice one
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
LOL thanks. it's offensive yet hilarious.
djak +

cunt

Times thanked
http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2009/8/4kaye.html

METROID'S
SAMUS ARAN
SPEAKS OUT ABOUT
GAY MARRIAGE.
BY MARCO KAYE
- - - -

My upbringing was nontraditional, to say the least. Orphaned at childbirth, after a dragon named Ridley slaughtered my parents, I was brought up on the planet Zebes by an alien race known as the Chozo. Half-bird and half-human, my Chozo surrogates taught me that gender, relationships and sexuality do not follow rigid rules. "Women are warriors," my Chozo parents would squawk as they trained me for battle, "Now go practice your ice beam on the Metroids in the basement." The Galactic Federation hired me as a bounty hunter to eradicate the Mother Brain. I kept my femininity a secret, hidden under the bulk of my Power Suit. While it felt liberating to reveal my true self to the universe after completing my first mission twenty years ago, there is something else I have been hiding: I am a lesbian.

Why have I kept this a secret for so long? That's hard for me to say. The nature of my work forces me to silence. Working as mercenary, it's far better to let my arm-cannon do the talking. Plus, the way I chose to express myself tended towards the unorthodox. I wrote a book of poems entitled Morphing Inside My Varia Suit, which failed to find a publisher. I would flit between one relationship and another, hopping inside my gunship and speeding off to the next planet before things got too serious. Then the Mother Brain decided to outlaw same-sex marriage on planet SR-388. Planets Tallon IV, Aether and my birth planet K-2L followed suit. What year are we living in? Earth Year 2009? It's time for the universe to redefine its narrow concept of marriage.

The matter is being taken to the Supreme Council of the Galactic Federation, the highest court in the galaxy, for a decision in a few months. While I'm generally in favor of bold measures, this is the wrong way to approach the issue. I am calling for fellow gay rights advocates to take an incrementalist approach, beginning with small yet important steps, which I call Morph Laws. This trio of measures will set the stage for equal-rights amongst all homosexual species.

Morph Law A:
Create a Distinction Between Religious
and Civil Marriage

Religion has shaped the institution of marriage. Some of the more prominent religions say that it must be between a man and woman. Yet other religions, such as Ancient Bryyonian, Luminoth and Alimbic, believe that individuals should be free to marry those of their own sex, even outside their species. Under our Constitution, the Galactic Federation has no interest in preferring one religion to the other. One of my Chozo guardians, a wise sage named Gray Voice, said, "Beliefs do not fade away." This is why we must separate civil unions from religious ones, with a future amendment granting union to an asexual creature that divides and wishes to marry its other self.

Morph Law B:
Extend Hospital Visitation
Rights to Gay Partners

One of the benefits of civil unions would be hospital access, a human rights policy not in place at many of our galaxies' sickbays. I have never told this story until now, but a female lover and I were on an interplanetary cruise ship when a Metroid that had been hiding above a ceiling fan descended on her head and drained her life energy in a matter of seconds. I rushed her to the infirmary, where nurses and doctors attempted to freeze the Metroid with an ice beam and fire missiles at it five times. At least that's what they told me. I wasn't allowed to see her. Moments later I was informed she was dead. Can an argument be made against this basic human privilege? I'll never see my partner again − the Metroid guaranteed that − but the hospital was just as guilty.

Morph Law C:
Repeal the Federation Police's
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Policy

The most recent federal law to address a same-sex issue occurred in Earth Year 1996, when the Galactic Federation (then called the U.S. Government) enacted the Defense of Marriage Act. In a way, this measure was my ticket into the military. I didn't shower in the women's barracks. I spoke little to my fellow officers. I could kill energy-sucking Metroids and secretly remain a lesbian. Now I realize this law is another way for the government to discriminate against people like me. Just for writing this piece, I risk never getting any more mercenary assignments. But there's an old saying in the Federation − if you're trying to kill a Space Pirate, the maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters. It's time for our leaders to stop making them.

These three laws, passed on a planet-by-planet level, carefully steering clear of the conservative Supreme Council, would lead to victory. Before Phazon purchased by North Korea destroyed the Earth, Internet logs reveal that they passed state laws to lift the ban on gay marriage. There's hope for our planets. Marriage is for the multiplayer. Man and man, woman and woman, or man and woman. Two beings united by love. Who are we to stop that? I expressed this dynamic best in one of my poems, "United with Myself." I wrote: "I am a woman, yet I am machine / I am a Zebesian, Chozoian. / I am a lesbian."
Asherbella +

Times thanked
http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahsh...-tows-teen-sex
rudeboy86 +

Toooooo much coffeeeeeee

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
Let Me Borrow That Top - YouTube
http : // gaysagainstgaga[dot]tumblr[dot]com

"I'd call you an arsehole but you lack the depth and warmth"

"Jesus is coming....OPEN YOUR MOUTH!"

“Life’s just a fisting without lubricant.”
— Gay For Johnny Depp
rudeboy86 +

Toooooo much coffeeeeeee

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
Kelly's Hollywood Meeting - YouTube

— Gay For Johnny Depp
Musti +

bored. no seriously....really, really bored :(

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
Margaret Cho - Gay Men Jokes - YouTube
pioneer_to_the_falls +

no tv and no beer make pioneer something something...

Times thanked
Kelly!

I prefer Shoes and Text Message Break-Up lol

Same Same Media Player
Shoes the Full Version - YouTube

Same Same Media Player
YouTube
rudeboy86 +

Toooooo much coffeeeeeee

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
Where Do You Think You're Going In That? - YouTube

— Gay For Johnny Depp
pioneer_to_the_falls +

no tv and no beer make pioneer something something...

Times thanked
Same Same Media Player
YouTube
Musti +

bored. no seriously....really, really bored :(

Times thanked
timbo84 +

Kissing Katut

Times thanked
haha - oooh awkward.

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread