home > forums > Regions > Brisbane

Star Gayzers Astronomy Club - Next Meeting

Tools
Sirius +

Not online often

Times thanked
Default Star Gayzers Astronomy Club - Next Meeting
Hi Guys,

For those who are interested, the next Star Gayzers regular meeting will be held at one of our members houses in New Farm at 7:30pm next Wednesday (7th Sept) please email info@stargayzers.org for details.

To celebrate the return of Jupiter to the night sky after its 6 month absence, this gas giant will be the topic for our September meeting.
Up, up and away.
Sirius +

Not online often

Times thanked
Hi guys,

Just a quick reminder for those who want to come along. Star Gayzers: Tonight 7:30pm.

See you there.
Up, up and away.
ducknroll +

Grace. Poise. Boags!!!!!!!!

Times thanked
No response via email

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAsh View Post

Yes that was one of my Mr Strange random remarks!

ducknroll +

Times thanked
Success

Quote:

ducknroll +

Times thanked
Well that was fun. Thanks for a nice night in

Quote:

Sirius +

Not online often

Times thanked
Glad you enjoyed it. It was nice seeing you there.
Up, up and away.
tyson +

thanks Mr Sandman!

Times thanked
Oh damn. I forgot. I am such a scatterbrain atm. I wanted to see Jupiter!
Sirius +

Not online often

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyson View Post

Oh damn. I forgot. I am such a scatterbrain atm. I wanted to see Jupiter!

I even saved the bean bag for you

The good news is, you didn't miss Jupiter. It will be hanging around the sky for the next few months. Atm it is rising late evening in the east in Aries. So we didn't look at it through the telescopes last night. We did do a workshop on it during the learning session in preparation for viewing it in the scopes over the comimg months. It was a fun workshop, everyone came armed with 3 Jupiter facts, everything from obscure references to Jupiter in sci-fi classics to the mighty planets beter known vital stats.

You did miss some great views of the moon during our observation session. It was the first chance we have had to do that as a group. You might remember last time we wanted to target the moon the weather gods cursed us with cloud. However, the moon isn't going away anytime soon, so I'm sure you will get another chance.

Our next meeting will be the first Wednesday of October, once again it will be held at Bill & Ians in New Farm. It will be followed closely by our big October event "Race to the Moon" it will be an Amazing Race style car rally where you follow the clues to a location where we will have a BBQ and observation session as part of International Observe the Moon Night. It will be heaps of fun. That is on the 10th. What ever you do don't miss that one.
Up, up and away.
tyson +

thanks Mr Sandman!

Times thanked
Argh. I was demolishing my bathroom. I even have the damage to my manicure to prove it!
Sirius +

Not online often

Times thanked

Quote:

Argh. I was demolishing my bathroom. I even have the damage to my manicure to prove it!

Well... I will need a note from your manicurist, or at a push, a photo of your dirty and broken finger nails.
Up, up and away.
tyson +

thanks Mr Sandman!

Times thanked
I got a hideous gash. Will that do?
Sirius +

Not online often

Times thanked

Quote:

I got a hideous gash. Will that do?

Im sure there is a female genital joke in that comment... but Im too innocent to think of it.
Up, up and away.
Thrawn04 +

Is now an approved member of the Star Wars costuming groups the 501st Legion and the Rebel Legion :D Expect to see me at GoldNova 2013 and Dreamworld on May the 4th weekend :D

Times thanked
Forgive my lack of keeping on top of things...

As copied from our reminder email

The next regular monthly meeting of Stargayzers will take place on Tuesday 1 November at 7.30pm at New Farm library, 155 Sydney Street New Farm. David and Calvin will be giving a talk on telescopes and weather permitting we will be outside doing some observing as well. Cost of the meeting is a gold coin donation to cover room rental and refreshments. Please note the new location and the fact that for this month only the meeting is on Tuesday evening.

Hope to see a few of you tomorrow night!

Note: I never following the Melb Cup day thing - but last year my team leader made me a little top hat thing with feathers on it - so I'm planning on dressing up a little extra tomorrow hehehe
"May the Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall!" - Count Dooku
"Welcome to my new Empire, Doctor" - Davros

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread