The Ladies' Lounge

What cool stuff have you cooked/baked lately?

Tools
sputnik sweetheart +

all of me is for all of her <3

Times thanked
Default What cool stuff have you cooked/baked lately?
I love cooking and I love hosting dinner parties for my friends.

What have you have cooked\baked lately? Maybe we can share some pics and recipes?
wynrae +

not missing Dr Pepper anymore since it's more readily available now! :D

Times thanked
I can't cook, I can burn toast and freeze Ice cubes though!

My friend makes these amazing pixel cookies where he makes all coloured cookie dough and cuts the dough in a square shaped playdough cutter then he lines all the cubed shape strips into a picture of whatever video game character and bakes. They are so amazing! I'll have to find a picture.
pho3nixphir3 +

pho, foe or faux?

Times thanked
i was *going* to make cupcakes today, ran out of time. i'm really not a cook/baker. i did make dinner for the fam the other night- which for me is a biggish thing. tuna bake, garlic potato mash garlic bread. that's probably the extent of my culinary skills.
munijy +

happy happy happy.

Times thanked
I can't bake, but I'm willing to learn..

My talent is in eating yummy stuff that others bake.

Last edited by munijy: 4th June 2010 at 04:13 AM

trina2004 +

The sexualised fascist.

Times thanked
I can't really cook. My favourite dish is meatloaf cause I like making little mince snowmen and then playing Stuart Diver with them in an avalanche of breadcrumbs/egg/spices.
tweety +

signed off

Times thanked
hi sputnik, fellow foodie!!!

i love cooking and have to admit i'm quite good at it.
love every aspect of cooking: thinking about what to prepare, the shopping, the quietly preparing everything for a big dinner, watching ppl enjoy my food, the social aspect, the feeding aspect...love it!

i mostly cook belgian cuisine and i love the vast array of high quality ingredients we have here.

what's your passion?

nice to meet you!
munijy +

happy happy happy.

Times thanked
XD

I love to eat, you love to cook.

LET'S BE FRIENDS~~~ <3

My passion: eating, amongst other things
tweety +

signed off

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by munijy View Post

XD

I love to eat, you love to cook.

LET'S BE FRIENDS~~~ <3

My passion: eating, amongst other things

tiny detail: 20.000kms......my food would be cold by the time you get here
munijy +

happy happy happy.

Times thanked
):
Aww...... You never know.... I might be studying somewhere near you next year! XD (Depending on which uni I go to for further studies)
tweety +

signed off

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by munijy View Post

):
Aww...... You never know.... I might be studying somewhere near you next year! XD (Depending on which uni I go to for further studies)

oh, where are you intending to study next year??
munijy +

happy happy happy.

Times thanked
Hm... Not sure yet. But it'll probably be somewhere in Australia. lol. Will only find out by the end of this year.

Last edited by munijy: 4th June 2010 at 04:40 AM

sputnik sweetheart +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweety View Post

hi sputnik, fellow foodie!!!

i love cooking and have to admit i'm quite good at it.
love every aspect of cooking: thinking about what to prepare, the shopping, the quietly preparing everything for a big dinner, watching ppl enjoy my food, the social aspect, the feeding aspect...love it!

i mostly cook belgian cuisine and i love the vast array of high quality ingredients we have here.

what's your passion?

nice to meet you!

Hellloo fellow foodie! I knew there would have to be a few of us on here!

I absolutely love cooking for people. Provided it isn't a massive flop of course. I'm having a dinner party tonight for 7. A friend from London is in Sydney at the moment and she has requested spaghetti bolognese, which I find a little boring. But I cooked it last night (everyone know spaghetti bolognese is better the next day) with 50/50 beef and pork and some good quality smokey bacon. I'm making italian mushroom ragout and home made mini garlic breads to put in the middle of the table and the guests can serve themselves. For dessert I have made lemon coconut truffles! Main course is going to be quite heavy so I wanted something light/small to finish it off.

What kitchen plans do you have?
sputnik sweetheart +

Times thanked
I don't know what my passion is? I enjoy trying new thing and learning?
star-seeker +

mmmmmmm!

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik sweetheart View Post

I absolutely love cooking for people. Provided it isn't a massive flop of course. I'm having a dinner party tonight for 7. A friend from London is in Sydney at the moment and she has requested spaghetti bolognese, which I find a little boring. But I cooked it last night (everyone know spaghetti bolognese is better the next day) with 50/50 beef and pork and some good quality smokey bacon. I'm making italian mushroom ragout and home made mini garlic breads to put in the middle of the table and the guests can serve themselves. For dessert I have made lemon coconut truffles! Main course is going to be quite heavy so I wanted something light/small to finish it off.

I had to go and make a big breakfast after reading this, just polished off some eggs on toast

I love cooking and baking! I make great curry from scratch, and love to do all the sides that go with it..

The other night I made a divine prawn, feta and herb risotto that was really yummy, and I also finally found a banana bread recipe that I adore!

Where do you get your inspiration from? Do you buy food magazines, or get recipes off the internet? Any websites you can recommend?
sputnik sweetheart +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-seeker View Post

I had to go and make a big breakfast after reading this, just polished off some eggs on toast

I love cooking and baking! I make great curry from scratch, and love to do all the sides that go with it..

The other night I made a divine prawn, feta and herb risotto that was really yummy, and I also finally found a banana bread recipe that I adore!

Where do you get your inspiration from? Do you buy food magazines, or get recipes off the internet? Any websites you can recommend?

Oh that risotto sounds devine!! I do buy food mags sometimes. Donna Hay is my favourite!! I have a few of her cookbooks also. The main food website that I use is lifestylefoods.com.au it's great for searching for recipes too. You can search by ingredients which I love.
Neptune +

Loving you

Times thanked
I love cooking too! Add me on Facebook and you can see my rainbow cake And all of the other cakes/cupcakes I love making.

I also make great massaman curry from scratch, corn fritters, takoyaki, okonomiyaki, sushi, pad thai, rice risottos, pizzas, whatever! I just love food. As soon as I have a house (decent kitchen is a must), I will be having some of you girls around for a big gay dinner party.
star-seeker +

mmmmmmm!

Times thanked
If you're having sushi, I'm there like a bear!!!! hehehehehe!

Haven't tried any of Donna Hay's recipes yet, must give it a bash!
Tails +

Needs a change in life.

Times thanked
It all sounds lovely, so who coming round mine to cook me dinner
Neptune +

Loving you

Times thanked
I do love Japanese themed nights, mmmm sushi, tempura, okonomiyaki, takoyaki, miso soup, seaweed salad! And Asian food is so much cheaper here than in NZ, I'm up for it.
camiseta +

crumbled

Times thanked
Hi ladies

I'm making a cake tonight for the Bobby Goldsmith Bake Off tomorrow. It's entitled "Mr Shuffles Goes to Kens". A pink elephant going into a sauna ha.
Neptune +

Loving you

Times thanked
Sounds awesome! You should post pics.

It just occurred to me that I should make rainbow coming out cakes. Just like last weekend's one but with "I'm gay" iced on top. If it goes badly then you still have cake. Perhaps I'll give one to my family one day.
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
i've been making a lot of banana cakes that i never get to eat any of
people tell me they have been good but i can not confirm it
JessMess +

back on Same Same... it's been awhile!

Times thanked
I tried to make Bacon Jam on Monday... but it was an immense failure and I am still trying to scrape off bits of bacon from my crock pot!
JessMess +

Times thanked
Oh, also I recomend checking out Not Quite Nigella's food blog. She does food reviews and her own and other people's recipes. I'm addicted!

I'd link to her site, but because I'm new I can't!
sputnik sweetheart +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessMess View Post

Oh, also I recomend checking out Not Quite Nigella's food blog. She does food reviews and her own and other people's recipes. I'm addicted!

I'd link to her site, but because I'm new I can't!

ha ha I'm following her on Twitter!
JessMess +

Times thanked

Quote:

ha ha I'm following her on Twitter!

Me too... and I'm on the daily mailing list for her blog too. I'm so addicted!
Hessy +

!!!!

Times thanked
I find cooking quite therapeutic (I get this way whenever Masterchef is on :P) but I'm only just learning the basics of chopping and stuff.

But been a hardcore eater of pretty much everything you got up until recently. When i got food poisoning from sushi.
tweety +

signed off

Times thanked

Quote:

mmmmmm...sounds lovely!!!!!! thank god i live so far away coz i would've invited myself!!!!

spag bol, the real spag bol, is a bit of a boring dish but in all honesty, when made the proper italian way, it takes forever!
my colleague's mum (they're from sicily) makes her own tomato base by putting meat with freshly peeled tomatoes and herbs of course for hours and hours on the stove....takes forever but the taste reflects that of course.

those lemon coconut truffles sound delish!!!
doesn't matter if the main course is a bit heavy...give your guests a nice digestive drink and they'll be chuffed like pigs in shit...

well we're on a diet...summer's coming so a change of culinary habits is in order....long over due to be honest! but anyway, every excess kilo comes with a lovely story so....
am making white asparagus, don't know if you can get them but they are divine. the non-diet way of preparing them very nicely is to boil them a bit, finish them off in cleared butter, boil eggs, mash 'm with some of the melted butter and some finely shredded parsley, serve all of this with some little boiled potatoes and bob's your uncle. so the diet version of this is without the butter and no tatties.

ok, i got a feeling this thread is gonna become a foodie blog!
cilipadi +

one day, hubba bubba, one day I'll get a perfect bubble

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neptune View Post

I love cooking too! Add me on Facebook and you can see my rainbow cake And all of the other cakes/cupcakes I love making.

I thought I was a good cook... until I saw that cake.

tweety... if this is going to be a food blog... maybe you should start us off. Awesome recipes from the mistress of the kitchen, please!
tweety +

signed off

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by cilipadi View Post

I thought I was a good cook... until I saw that cake.

tweety... if this is going to be a food blog... maybe you should start us off. Awesome recipes from the mistress of the kitchen, please!

they'll come naturally...one ingredient in someone else's post will make me think of other recipes....

so your recipe of today is to make my dish the way i described it in my previous post but use green asparagus if you can't get the white ones. yummie for the tummie!!

i'll introduce you girls to my national cuisine...prolly one of the best in the world....and no, us belgians do not have a patriotic bone in our body so it must be true

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread