switch to: liquid fixed

home > forums > Regions > Brisbane

Beats of Brisbane

Tools
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked
Default Beats of Brisbane
Anybody read the front page of mx, Teusday October 6?

I like that for once they added that it is often men in relationships with wives and children who simply don't identify as 'gay' and not necessarily gay men... but dude I don't want the details. It's like sitting on a bus seat... you don't want to know if someone peed on it!!

What ever happened to 'ignorance is bliss'? That crap makes me awkward... why they do this!? Why am I complaining!? Why front page!? WHY!?

Thoughts?
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
did they name places as beats?
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked
Yeah... and they're mostly places large amounts of people move through daily @_@ the entirety of the cultural center for one.

Ever so slightly afraid that despite the article clearly stating that it is more often men who do not identify as gay or closeted men, that we are going to see a slight increase in homophobia in the next few weeks. You know how people get when you tell them men are having sex with other men in a place their children go every day...

And people are right to get angry about it but the closets and the confused husbands and fathers don't get the bullshit... we do, and its unfair.

Btw snorlax so rules over ammonite - muwa ha ha
bascia2 +

Is working hard and planning a holiday.

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomic-teddy View Post

Yeah... and they're mostly places large amounts of people move through daily @_@ the entirety of the cultural center for one.

Ever so slightly afraid that despite the article clearly stating that it is more often men who do not identify as gay or closeted men, that we are going to see a slight increase in homophobia in the next few weeks. You know how people get when you tell them men are having sex with other men in a place their children go every day...

And people are right to get angry about it but the closets and the confused husbands and fathers don't get the bullshit... we do, and its unfair.

Btw snorlax so rules over ammonite - muwa ha ha

Ah! This explains why Lightbearer was wanting to go to West End! He must have seen the article.
Mark
and the world with you!
kylierose +

Before I respond to that, I'll have to take an extra-strength vitamin duh.

Times thanked

Quote:

That crap makes me awkward... why they do this!

because it's true. about 70% of men using beats are married with kids. that's why the safe sex message is so important...
Light-Bearer +

Sometimes. It's complicated being me.

Times thanked
Can someone provide me with a google map of these said beats.

I have a few hours to kill this morning,
It is no measure of health- to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked
Light-Bearer; lol you find these beats yourself... I enjoy being blissfully unaware of surrounding predators thank you very much.

bascia; Excuse the butchery of the english language but 'XD LOL!~'

Kylie; they did mention that as well. The website does have a strong safe-sex message apparently but disease is still rampart and the website isn't happy about it. You would think these people would want to save face and stay free of STIs... but not even cutting cocks off will stop some people.

Last edited by atomic-teddy: 7th October 2010 at 11:30 AM

Light-Bearer +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by bascia2 View Post

Ah! This explains why Lightbearer was wanting to go to West End! He must have seen the article.

I wish I had read the article.

I just cruised the footpaths while I was doing touristy things.

This entire city is full of mega turbo sluts.

If worse comes the worse the rough chick in the BP on Latrobe street, will strap one on and fuck you.
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
doesn't that lead to people getting bashed? i thought that's why people avoid posting the location of beats online
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by ammonite View Post

doesn't that lead to people getting bashed? i thought that's why people avoid posting the location of beats online

Well I remember there was a website when I was a teenager you could only find out about if you were a regular forum user but people found out about that one and it was big news, got shut down.

When that came out there were rumors throughout school that a local public toilet was on the list of beats.

So I investigated, being the curious stupid child that i was because I wanted to find other gay people and that was the only way I knew of... (never found anyone...)

People don't want to face the consequences of their actions... and how do you just ask someone in real life where to get a blowjob from another guy without the wife, kids and workmates finding out? BEHOLD the anonymity of the internets!
Maisharona +

going into solitude

Times thanked
im so ashamed right now i was being used oh no
hazyinseptember +

quite frankly a threat to the safe and secure operation of society.

Times thanked
Squirt.org has all the beats listed online.. and you can search by city.. they even have featured beats and reviews of them!!

I really wanted to see this MX article but have yet been able to find it.. :S did anyone get a copy?
You are happiest when you make your own music in your own way

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cerulean Heart - Beautiful electronica - www(dot)myceruleanheart.com
Light-Bearer +

Times thanked
The thing that I like about beats is - no one wants you to hold them afterwards and tell them it's ok.

Cos it's not ok and I hate having to lie about it
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked
lol, I find being able to talk to my boyfriend afterwords a good thing... if he rolled over I'd smack him. But I guess an awkward silence is the difference between you and me...
Barrin +

Rose-coloured glasses don't come in my prescription.

Times thanked

Quote:

So I investigated, being the curious stupid child that i was because I wanted to find other gay people and that was the only way I knew of... (never found anyone...)

You just answered your own question as to why men go to beats. Some move on having satisfied their curiosity, some keep coming back for the satisfaction they get.
There are heterosexuals who have sex in public places too - usually for the thrill of possibly being caught - but as always, it's the gay behaviour that's considered an aberration.
Brisbenlaw89 +

guys suck.

Times thanked
For those of you that are interested this is the article by Torny Jensen in MX.

"CITY'S SECRET BEATS: TRANSPORT HUBS HOT SPOT FOR SEX... Brisbane's bustling public transport hubs are being used as hot spots for casual, no-strings-attached sex.

A website that showcases Brisbane "beats", includes numerous listings for CBD locations, such as Roma St train station, the Cultural Centre Busway and the West End Ferry Terminal.

The site, which gives advice on how to avoid security and police patrolling the area, also names numerous high-profile city businesses, toilets and parks.

Beats are traditionally known as hangouts for gay men, and men who have sex with men who don't identify as gay.

Australian National University law and sexuality expert Wayne Morgan said many men who frequented beats didn't identify themselves as being gay.

"If you are willing to identify there are lots of places you can go legally or you can meet people online, for example, so a lot of men who are actually out and comfortable make use of those resources," Morgan said.

"Those who use beats, a lot of them are closeted gay men or men who don't consider themselves to be gay- they could be married men or men in relationships.

"Lots of men who would otherwise call themselves straight use beats, which means they are a very difficult community to get to talk because their whole lives involve secrecy."

Graham Norton from the Queensland Association for Healthy Communities- a not-for-profit organisation funded by Queensland Health, whose primary objective is to reduce HIV transmission among gay men and men who have sex with men- said it could be very challenging to get the safe message across to men who frequent beats.

Norton said beat websites potentially gave men essential information on safe sex practices and tips on security.

"I think for everyone it's good to avoid prosecution, but on the other hand they have to acknowledge they're doing it in a public place and that's not on," he said.

Queensland Police said they were aware of inappropriate activities in some public areas and regular patrols were conducted."
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazyinseptember View Post

Squirt.org has all the beats listed online.. and you can search by city.. they even have featured beats and reviews of them!!

Morayfield Shopping Centre is on there. And a heap of parks and beaches near me.

Actually it seems like basically every toilet and park in the entire world is on there, so what is the point really?

PS I am traumatised from all the penis photos, but I expected that.

Last edited by ammonite: 8th October 2010 at 03:22 PM

hazyinseptember +

Times thanked
^ whats your username on there?

can we guess.??

Light-Bearer +

Times thanked
I reckon I found a beat near the Gabba today
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazyinseptember View Post

^ whats your username on there?

can we guess.??

http://www.squirt.org/ammonite

my 'cock' is small and uncut
hazyinseptember +

Times thanked
^

and the body hair of a gorilla it seems

atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked
I wonder if they're interested in playing world of warcraft on there... I should ask!
hazyinseptember +

Times thanked
lol you might find some more 3d chat buddies

Phazz +

Your Deity

Times thanked
you're a wowcoholic? i've been clean for 4 1/2 years.
Certified Parody Account
philly +

Banned

Times thanked
I've never understood why someone would wanna have sex in a public toilet. Smelly, gross places. It can't be very enticing sucking someone off with someone having smelly dump in the next cubicle. Also, if there are bashers you've got nowehere to go - you're trapped.

Park beats make more sense to me I guess. No-one's gonna be having a shit in the next cubicle, you can't be cornered into a cubicle...
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phazz View Post

you're a wowcoholic? i've been clean for 4 1/2 years.

Haha I really just cannot help myself... with the new expansion coming up they have changed all the spells, talents and abilities so we're all n00bs again ;^; it is devistating.

And Philly; to answer your question without sounding like a slut I have a friend who enjoys the sound, smell and feel of urine... I believe they call that 'being into water-sports'. Sometimes I make sure hes not in the particular public toilet I'm using before I get down to business...

Oh and park benches sound soo much more romantic... funny thing is; how long since the homeless man got off this bench... @_@!? when was the last time drunken backpackers peed on it!!? Something to think about...

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread