The Ladies' Lounge

What's on your mind

Tools
madamemoloch +

*WHOVIAN*

Times thanked
OMM is how much I wish my loves didn't live so far away because I really need a hug
Bon91 +

Sorry You're Not A Winner

Times thanked
*provides mini virtual hug via the ether for MM*

OMM - the weekend, your ignorance and naivety, Thursday, Friday, Money . . . being too scared to find out how bad it really will be
Haven't we learned over the past two days that if we all pull together we can become greater than the sum of our parts. That if we are of one mind and one intent, there are no boundaries to what we can achieve
Zimmo +

feeling like the luckiest girl in the world

Times thanked
Weird thing MM I jumped out of bed very distraught around the time you posted that and almost booked tickets for october 12-15...
moonbeam +

Times thanked
OMM are the people in my dream. mmm, nice dream, wish I could go back to sleep.
Dash80 +

Lurky lurk

Times thanked
It's early!
madamemoloch +

*WHOVIAN*

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimmo View Post

Weird thing MM I jumped out of bed very distraught around the time you posted that and almost booked tickets for october 12-15...

Why October 12-15? o_O

Thanks for the mini ether hugs Bon.

I'm feeling a fair bit better today, especially knowing its only 2 sleeps till I see Zimmo
Bon91 +

Times thanked
Err, because i'm saving up a huge hug for you Dash . . . ?
Haven't we learned over the past two days that if we all pull together we can become greater than the sum of our parts. That if we are of one mind and one intent, there are no boundaries to what we can achieve
Bon91 +

Times thanked
What's that, younger than you Dash?
Dash80 +

Lurky lurk

Times thanked
Something like that..
Bon91 +

Times thanked
Well that is lucky then isn't it!
Bon91 +

Times thanked
This is what i should be seeing from you Dash.

Besides, i'm a top catch

Bon91 +

Times thanked
I like to hand out score sheets about myself, usually they come back like this:

madamemoloch +

*WHOVIAN*

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash80 View Post

Humph!! Lucky you're in the right age gap to be forgiven.

How much younger are you going now Dash?
Bon91 +

Times thanked
If Dash time lapsed the faces of all the women she's ever been with...

linkin +

Temporarily Out of Stock

Times thanked
OMM 3 on, 1 off, 3 on, 5 off, 2 on 6 off WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

faeriegoddess +

Synonym's just another word for the word you want to use

Times thanked
needing spoons
"Hear my soul speak. Of the very instant that I saw you, Did my heart fly at your service" --- The Tempest, Act 3, Scene 1
Dragon Fae King +

Rainbow Dreaming

Times thanked
_spoons You_
madamemoloch +

*WHOVIAN*

Times thanked
Bumpy slumps
Dragon Fae King +

Rainbow Dreaming

Times thanked
I wanna slump into Your bumps................
madamemoloch +

*WHOVIAN*

Times thanked
You have such beautiful bumps dfk
Dragon Fae King +

Rainbow Dreaming

Times thanked
i melt
ImAwesome +

Times thanked
OMM: I feel that I can not amount to anything, I will do shit in the HSC, and that I will get a really shit ATAR.
linkin +

Temporarily Out of Stock

Times thanked
You'll be fine babe. Put your mind to it, be positive and blitz it!!!

That's what the trial HSC is for, to get you ready for the big one.

Chin up chook, you'll be great!!
ImAwesome +

Times thanked
I know. I keep trying to remind myself that the trials are harder and whatnot, but I seriously dont think that I can get the mark I need because of maths. I can do well in everything, BUT maths. :/
Bon91 +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAwesome View Post

OMM: I feel that I can not amount to anything, I will do shit in the HSC, and that I will get a really shit ATAR.

I've got a great story Awesome...

My yr 12 was so shit, going from top of my classes to being the worst, not doing homework, no motivation, no study. Epic depression set in, watched my Nan go through a tormented 3 months of chronic illness only to watch her die (literally) 13 days before my first exam. You may or may not know that the cut off point for a derived exam score is 14.

I applied and "luckily" was considered unable to perform at my best (not that i could have regardless). 5 out of 7 of my exams were derived from what my teachers thought i'd get. I spent my chem exam in tears, in fact most of them.
From being in the 'top 4' of my year level in yr10, an inspired, young, budding scientist, traversing Aus for 'nerd camps', who had achieved a level of supreme self satisfaction . . . to someone who was making verbal safety agreements and only wanted to die. I "achieved" a 64.90 TER/ENTER score. Which only made me cry even more.

I got into RMIT applied science . . . attempted to attend, moved from country to city, partied, carelessly, spiraled out of control, attempted suicide and haven't looked back.

University is one of the BIGGEST loads of shit i can contemplate. Too much pressure on kids that are too young. My friends now, that are at uni, have changed courses over and over searching for their calling in life. From Maths to Music to Aerospace Engineering to Biology to Social Science to Psychology. The others who have stuck with it, some on placement, some finishing their degree this year - not to say they regret it - but all they're thinking is "so what". "What now".
I've known someone who graduated top of his class in heavy science and maths (was DUX at highschool) who is now a police officer - and he doesn't even want to do that his whole life.

The story mate, is that Uni is blown out of proportion, 3 years i've traveled Australia backpacking worked for some amazing charities, met some INCREDIBLE people and no one, EVER, has given a shit about whether or not i've been to Uni. Always, the option will remain to go back, as a mature aged student. There are loop holes and extra courses or short courses or catch up courses. You'll be OKAY.
Even if you do fail, or you don't get into the course you want, it won't "be the end of the world" - corny i know, and if people said that to me i'd tear myself to shreds but realistically, you can do anything you want. Even if you don't get what you "need".
YOU WILL BE OK. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS THIS YEAR OR NEXT. x
Dragon Fae King +

Rainbow Dreaming

Times thanked
Sexy Visions... Fantasies... Feelings
Bon91 +

Times thanked
OMM - I've got my driving test tomorrow, i'm a little bit nervous. I know i can drive, so i think i'll be ok. My biggest concern right now is that i don't know what to do with my hair. 5 years ago when i had my L's pic taken i looked ..errrr less then flattering... Lol. Now i know i'll do better than that but i'm gonna have this for 10 years or more! I wanna bring my A game and get a smokin' hot one!!!
Bellie +

Times thanked
Good luck Bon!

I'm amazed at how one phone call or one text can totally be a catalyst for change.

Perspective is a powerful thing.
linkin +

Temporarily Out of Stock

Times thanked
I can't sleep. I've got too many things going thru my mind to be able to let myself go tonight and I have to be awake in 5hrs.

Why do I care so much?

How have I turned into a 'junkie'?

The light at the end of the tunnel, is it going to be there long enough for me to reach it?

Jesus Christ I need sleep!!!
MaggieB +

A day without laughter is a day wasted

Times thanked
18 long hours. Finally pillow time
Time is not something that we can borrow and the future is uncertain until tomorrow

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread