Brisbane

switch to: liquid fixed

home > forums > Regions > Brisbane

Supanova Brisbane Nov 4-6th!!!

Page 1 of 2
  Tools
Thrawn04 +

Is now an approved member of the Star Wars costuming groups the 501st Legion and the Rebel Legion :D Expect to see me at GoldNova 2013 and Dreamworld on May the 4th weekend :D

Times thanked
Default Supanova Brisbane Nov 4-6th!!!
As previously mentioned in the November SS Picnic meetup thread, and at the behest of the beloved Arc7

Go on - visit the website and be aquiver with excitement hehehe

So basically since on Sat 5th we'll be having our usual monthy picnic together - unfortunately that rules out Sat...

However at least Mervotron and I plan on attending the Sun 6th Come one! Come all! And join the fellowship of the Geeks

Discuss away my pretties!
"May the Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall!" - Count Dooku
"Welcome to my new Empire, Doctor" - Davros
rainbowpoppy +

sleepy.

Times thanked
Thanks Thrawn, my son is studying animation at TAFE and will love this.

I'd like to go to see Renee O'Connor personally.
arc7 +

ALGEBRAIC

Times thanked
i don't have a costume.

i may strip a tree and go dressed as an Ent.
mervotron +

Zoom

Times thanked
Not everyone is dressed up at these things... I may have gotten approved to be a volunteer at this one though so will see. Either way I'll be there haha.
A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her. - Oscar Wilde
Thrawn04 +

Is now an approved member of the Star Wars costuming groups the 501st Legion and the Rebel Legion :D Expect to see me at GoldNova 2013 and Dreamworld on May the 4th weekend :D

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc7 View Post

i don't have a costume.

i may strip a tree and go dressed as an Ent.

Now that - That would be awesome

I think I'll bring one of my lightsabers along... I'll probably dress as normal and claim it to be my New Jedi Order Knight garb with a dash of Doctor Who
Remind me to browse the costume stands and I may consider getting one...

I must say I am excited to see Colin Morgan (aka Merlin from Merlin), and Billy Boyd (aka Pippin Took from LOTR) - and Cliff Simon (aka System Lord Ba'al from Stargate SG1)

Although unfortunately Erica Durance (aka Lois Lane from Smallville) and Jaimie Alexander (aka Sif from the Thor movie) had to cancel their appearances due to recent working schedule changes

Oh by the way I forgot at add the website link: http://www.supanova.com.au/
jranity +

bathing in shame -.-'

Times thanked
I'd so love to go, i've never been to supernove before... hmm hopefully i can get my sunday of work though.
mervotron +

Zoom

Times thanked
Do it... It's from 10 am in the morning to 6pm at night. We'll figure out meeting times closer to the date. Also let us know if you plan to dress up too haha.
A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her. - Oscar Wilde
pixel +

is back

Times thanked
Interesting... i would love to come.
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked
Don't kill the trees, just cosplay as random fanboy #... I do it every year! I will be THERE! Most likely with somebody but regardless of who I'm with we should catch up there Shaun.

I'm going to Lick Merlin's face, I wonder if I will get magic tingles off his stuble? Christopher Loyd best rock up this time, Evanna Lynch <3 And Renee O'Connor is totes bringing in our lesbian comrades!

Last edited by atomic-teddy: 19th October 2011 at 01:53 AM

mervotron +

Zoom

Times thanked
So if anyone is still interested, Val Kilmer will now be attending this. I only really know him from two things... but I would've gone there back in the day hehehehehe
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
is erica durance going to be there or not?
mervotron +

Zoom

Times thanked
No she cancelled... So line-up now is Evanna Lynch, from Harry Potter, Billy Boyd from LoTR, Cassidy Freeman (aka Tess Mercer), from Smallville, Christopher Lloyd, most famously from Back to The Future, Colin Morgan form Merlin.
NewFarmer +

Times thanked
I'm totally down for this, but I do miss the anime cinema, that was great.
mervotron +

Zoom

Times thanked
I am volunteering at this so will more than likely meet you all inside on the Sunday. I wil text Thrawn when I am free so I can come hang with you guys.
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked
@_@ Val Kilmer is going!? OOOH watching him in the saint made me want a mustache, I tell you...
Thrawn04 +

Times thanked
I've just read through the guidebook they just available on the website - and I am nerdgasming right now...

There is sooooo much to do and see and browse... I'm now considering dumping the SS monthly meetup and the Stargayzers car rally for an extra day of Supanova... hehehe

Oh man I predict that I'll spend a mini fortune again like last time... In my wisdom I did prepare for this and saved several weeks of pay just for this weekend

"Oh my!" - Professor Farnsworth from Futurama
Same Same Media Player
YouTube
arc7 +

ALGEBRAIC

Times thanked
pleeeeeaaaaaase tell me you have a jedi/sith cloak thrawny.
Thrawn04 +

Times thanked
Unfortunately I do not... The closest thing I do have to a Jedi cloak is a cheap Woolies verson of a dark blue snuggie...

That said I will be on the lookout at Supanova to correct that issue

Anywho I plan to wear pretty much what I usually wear - and claim that it is an undercover Time Lord variant of a New Jedi Order style outfit...

I also plan to get a signed photo of Colin Morgan and I with my sonic screwdriver
Light-Bearer +

Sometimes. It's complicated being me.

Times thanked
Don't you have three sonic screw drivers.
It is no measure of health- to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Thrawn04 +

Times thanked
I have 2 sonic screwdrivers. One is a small LED light version of the Eleventh Doctor's green screwdriver. My other one the construct-your-own sonic screwdriver - with 3 basic designes (the Eleventh Doctor's screwdriver, and two new and different designs), which you can change the combinations

I will be taking the later hehehe
buggalugz +

insert pop culture reference here

Times thanked
you had to ask...
mervotron +

Zoom

Times thanked
Will be helping the set-up tomorrow. Hope to see you the on the weekend. I'll be the volunteer guy with three Batman girls tattooed on his arm.
Thrawn04 +

Times thanked
I have just decided that I will attend Supanova tomorrow from approx 10am to 12:30pmish. My plan is to scout out the place and stalls, so that on Sunday I can make the most of the full day getting signed photos/spending estimated hundreds hehehe

After that I will head off to the SS Picnic at Kangaroo Point, then the Star Gayzers car rally after that
Thrawn04 +

Times thanked
I AM SOOO FREAKING LOOKING FORWARD TO SUPANOVA!!! :d
mervotron +

Zoom

Times thanked
Text me when you're there. I will let you know if I have a break. Also purchase your photo tickets tomorrow to be safe for Sunday photos.
Thrawn04 +

Times thanked
Thanks for the tips

And will do re txting
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked
How was it guys D: was it all that!? It was all that wasn't it...
mervotron +

Zoom

Times thanked
It was. It was. Some of the best Cosplay I've seen in a while. I had a lot of fun being a volunteer.
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked
Super sadface ;^;. I went down to Melbourne because I missed Merlin AND HE PULLED OUT! D:< YES the caps are necessary!! The love is dead, have a nice day...
atomic-teddy +

Mr.Sloth

Times thanked
You know I was shocked. For years Melbourne Supafans have given us crap because our Supanova is 'so much less than theirs'. They had three fucking stalls @_@ THREE! And the Delorian but whatever. The line to enter had maybe 50 people in it, and they were only waiting to see the guest speakers.

In yo FACE Melbourne!
Page 1 of 2

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread