home > forums > Regions > Brisbane

A Transparent Danger.

Tools
LordoftheAvenue +

Where is my porpoise in life?

Times thanked
Default A Transparent Danger.
You may have them in your house.

You may be aware of their position as a barrier between interior and exterior areas.

You may be under the influence of three glasses of cask wine and forget how to navigate around stationary objects.

-Danger-

"A Sliding glass door or Patio door, a type of sliding door in architecture and construction, is a large glass window opening in a structure that provide door access from a room to the outdoors, fresh air, and copious natural light. A sliding glass door is usually considered a single unit consisting of two panel sections, one being fixed and one a being mobile to slide open." - Wikipedia.

Please spread the word about how dangerous these things can be. Tell your friends to keep their beady little eyes open when intoxicated and fighting gravity. Inform your family on the importance of visible strip decals highlighting near-invisible glass where reflections of their soulless, ginger-bearded faces don't appear. Nobody wants a semi-broken nose ruining their planned Saturday of shame and nobody wants to have to apologise for their behaviour while sounding really, really, more-than-normally nasal due to facial trauma.

Remember to keep your eyes open.

They're everywhere...

For further info see 'Imprints Of Inebriation: Friday Nights Of Regret' and 'How I Learned To Fight Back Against Gingers By Standing My Ground' - Dora Glass.
--Xoople--
ducknroll +

Grace. Poise. Boags!!!!!!!!

Times thanked
I just puked from laughing so hard.

This one time in primary school a pigeon flew into my classroom. It killed itself by repeatedly flying into all the other closed windows.....im pretty sure i was laughing hysterically, until i saw the blood that is......

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAsh View Post

Yes that was one of my Mr Strange random remarks!

Last edited by ducknroll: 31st October 2011 at 09:37 PM

LordoftheAvenue +

Times thanked
I'm just deeply saddened that you got zero video evidence of ___Name removed___ doing this.

___Picture removed___
--Xoople--

Last edited by LordoftheAvenue: 31st October 2011 at 10:22 PM

ducknroll +

Times thanked
dude! take this down.

Quote:

LordoftheAvenue +

Times thanked
Why?
--Xoople--
Thrawn04 +

Is now an approved member of the Star Wars costuming groups the 501st Legion and the Rebel Legion :D Expect to see me at GoldNova 2013 and Dreamworld on May the 4th weekend :D

Times thanked
I can attest to this danger. While I have not succumbed to this - due to increased intelligence, I have beared witness to my mum falling into the trap that is the closed glass door... twice The first time involved family friends who also witnessed the embarrasment of walking head on into the glass door hehehe

I have since sticky-taped a written warning on to the offending door hahaha
"May the Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall!" - Count Dooku
"Welcome to my new Empire, Doctor" - Davros
ducknroll +

Times thanked
because its less funny if everyone knows, plus its mean to publicly shame someone.

Now, for a story......I was walking to a cocktail bar in Newtown with an ex and a group of his friends. Something caught my eye in the gutter, as i walked passed i was able to make out that it was a vibrator which i thought was pretty damn funny. As i snapped me head back to draw attention to the gutter and its wonders i made intimate contact with a stop sign. It made a sound like a cymbal. Everyone thought it was hilarious, even though i was in major pain so did i.

Quote:

Last edited by ducknroll: 31st October 2011 at 11:43 PM

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread