Brisbane

switch to: liquid fixed

home > forums > Regions > Brisbane

A message from your Brisbane Editor Chad St. James.

Tools
chadstjames +

assignments

Times thanked
Default A message from your Brisbane Editor Chad St. James.
After a recent posts on this thread I feel I should leave a little message to clear things up on here.

Firstly sorry I have been a little absent on the forums as of late. Finishing up my end of semester for 2011 has taken up a bit of my time, but now plan to have more of a presence on here. So I'd like to take this opportunity to clear a few things up.

Yes I am the Brisbane Editor, back in April HazyInSeptember passed the reigns over to me, while I don't pretend to be him, I have quite enjoyed my time with SameSame with this position and have enjoyed getting to know each of you when I can. I would like to encourage new members to join in the monthly meet ups that take place in NewFarm at the beginning of each month, contrary to what has been said recently, the members on this site don't fit one classification of the LGBT group.

The members on this site are of all different ages, genders, sexualities, and social groups. While there are clubbers on here there are also gallery lovers etc. SameSame tries to cater to a broad demographic, and because of this, there will often be different thoughts, opinions and experiences that we might share.

I would like to encourage each of you to share your thoughts, however personal attacks on people are not acceptable. In a time when we're fighting for equality, we should be working together not against each other. An issue has been raised on the forums lately especially over the last couple of days. I want to encourage friendly debate that does not victimise. So share opinions but don't make it personal at each other.

Matt Akersten has recently posted

I've just taken down spamloads of gifs. I would ask that future comments on this thread (or anywhere on this forum) don't contain personal insults or attacks - against specific people or entire groups of people.

It's been a long time since we banned anyone on here and we don't want to start now. If you find you're getting too wound up by what's being debated here, take a break.

Thanks to those who have reported this thread to us mods.

As Brisbane editor I completely support what he says, and will be taking more of an effort to back this up. I understand we all have different passions, but never should those passions be used to promote personal insults or attacks. I know I'm not the only one who wants your samesame experience to be a pleasant one, so all I ask is be mindful of the words that are posted here.

Yours sincerely Chad St. James.
Chad St. James.
THEQIT.com
ChadStJames.com
kylierose +

Before I respond to that, I'll have to take an extra-strength vitamin duh.

Times thanked
Thanks Chad.
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
have i missed something yet again?

chadstjames +

assignments

Times thanked
xo
Chad St. James.
THEQIT.com
ChadStJames.com
meezon04 +

"I don't think he's got what you're lookin' for darlin'"

Times thanked
Thanks Chad!
Yet to see your film

I've been here a few years now, when the site was fairly new I think. I love the new look and how much easier it is to get around now. Getting around is good for me :P j/k

I've yet to make it to a samesame meet-up I work nights so it seems to always clash or I'm asleep or whatever excuse I make up. Hopefully 2012 I can be more of a social butterfly - much like Chad himself!

Chad recognised me at Fluffy (a watering hole for me if I'm not at the slaveyard) and said a quick hi, which was very nice of him, so he's very friendly and approachable and a great moderator on here. Any issues he'd be glad to help you out.

I come from a religious family (Nazi's I tell ya!) and from a rural town - two sources of life that don't look at gays too well :P If anyone else is in a similar situation and needs someone to listen, I'm very happy to do my best

-Matt
Homosexuality is God's way of ensuring the truly gifted aren't burdened with children...
andrewc +

"homosexuals don't have conversations, they have duelling monologues"

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by ammonite View Post

have i missed something yet again?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wickhamshithole/

http://www.samesame.com.au/forum/sho...t=25668&page=4
Light-Bearer +

Sometimes. It's complicated being me.

Times thanked
I may not be wearing pants.

What's Matt gotta say about that huh.
It is no measure of health- to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
mervotron +

Zoom

Times thanked
Isn't that always the case with you LB...?
A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her. - Oscar Wilde
ammonite +

can't read

Times thanked
oooooooo tah andrew, i haven't been reading that thread
andrewc +

"homosexuals don't have conversations, they have duelling monologues"

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by ammonite View Post

oooooooo tah andrew, i haven't been reading that thread

wha??? I thought you know, see and hear all
chadstjames +

assignments

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by meezon04 View Post

Thanks Chad!
Yet to see your film

I've been here a few years now, when the site was fairly new I think. I love the new look and how much easier it is to get around now. Getting around is good for me :P j/k

I've yet to make it to a samesame meet-up I work nights so it seems to always clash or I'm asleep or whatever excuse I make up. Hopefully 2012 I can be more of a social butterfly - much like Chad himself!

Chad recognised me at Fluffy (a watering hole for me if I'm not at the slaveyard) and said a quick hi, which was very nice of him, so he's very friendly and approachable and a great moderator on here. Any issues he'd be glad to help you out.

I come from a religious family (Nazi's I tell ya!) and from a rural town - two sources of life that don't look at gays too well :P If anyone else is in a similar situation and needs someone to listen, I'm very happy to do my best

-Matt

Oh much love xo
chadstjames +

assignments

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light-Bearer View Post

U wearing pants? Never lol
kylierose +

Before I respond to that, I'll have to take an extra-strength vitamin duh.

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light-Bearer View Post

Nothing. But I'm going to report you to the moderators for not wearing pants in the forums. Either that or I'm gonna get all the girls to take their shirts and bras off. Topless and pantless posting. What's the moral crusader got to say about that?
chadstjames +

assignments

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylierose View Post

Nothing. But I'm going to report you to the moderators for not wearing pants in the forums. Either that or I'm gonna get all the girls to take their shirts and bras off. Topless and pantless posting. What's the moral crusader got to say about that?

I'll so take part in that. I'm currently in my PJs!!!
Edward The Shy +

One who is getting to know himself better

Times thanked
Thanks for your post young Chad. Talking about being able to 'get along' you might be interested in this from the Melbourne Age:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/re...126-1o0i0.html

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread