switch to: liquid fixed

home > forums > Regions > Brisbane

Living in Adelaide?

Tools
thisisrogue +

purging

Times thanked
Default Living in Adelaide?
Hey peeps. So, the Finance Manager asked me to speak with him privately in a meeting room this morning and he presented a possible opportunity working on a project that he's leading. Problem is that it's in Adelaide. He did suggest that a few perks could be thrown in to sweeten the deal, but I may have to live there for 9 months.

So, what's Adelaide like? Is there much to do down there? What's the "scene" like? Answers to these may help me determine whether I actually move or get flown back every weekend!
mervotron +

Zoom

Times thanked
LB used to live there.
A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her. - Oscar Wilde
Ignorance77 +

scunts

Times thanked
They have lots of churches.

And a mall.

That's all I know.
"Why can't you just be proud of me as a peer and my gentleman lover?" - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Lazzarus +

I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule,not to bewail,not to scorn human actions,but to understand them

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisrogue View Post

Hey peeps. So, the Finance Manager asked me to speak with him privately in a meeting room this morning and he presented a possible opportunity working on a project that he's leading. Problem is that it's in Adelaide. He did suggest that a few perks could be thrown in to sweeten the deal, but I may have to live there for 9 months.

So, what's Adelaide like? Is there much to do down there? What's the "scene" like? Answers to these may help me determine whether I actually move or get flown back every weekend!

That is a problem. Unless the perks include an Aston Martin, hot and cold running rent boys and $100k bonus I'd stay where you are and work on those frequent flier points.

Adelaide is cute and conservative - we have one gay bar, three drag queens and about two dozen homosexuals; it's oodles of fun
I want to live in a world where a chicken can cross the road without having its motives questioned.
thisisrogue +

purging

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazzarus View Post

Adelaide is cute and conservative - we have one gay bar, three drag queens and about two dozen homosexuals; it's oodles of fun

Really? That sounds like Townsville...

Thanks for your opinion, Lazzarus!

Any other views on living in Adelaide?

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread