Dan Murphy +

back in Sydney

Times thanked
Default Saturday's the big day for marriage movement
I'll be there on Saturday!!!
oracle_sod +

Times thanked
I'm another Aussie living in Canada as i have more rights here as a guest than i do back in my home country.... It's so sad that Australia is so behind on a private issue that does not even relate to the government
suemichave +

sane

Times thanked
will be there
agrippa85 +

Herp derp

Times thanked
"according to some reports today, Julia Gillard has been personally lobbying Conference delegates to oppose any change to Labor%u2019s marriage platform."

Thats infuriating. Would be there on Sunday but I'll be jetting out to sunny Vanuatu :D
MrAsh +

---

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by oracle_sod View Post

I'm another Aussie living in Canada as i have more rights here as a guest than i do back in my home country.... It's so sad that Australia is so behind on a private issue that does not even relate to the government

Marriage isn't a private issue and is directly related to the state since it's the government who creates and enforces the marriage legislation. If you don't want the government to intervene in your affairs then call for an end to the marriage act. Then everyone is equal.
phildev +

getting there.

Times thanked
I'll be at the rally! Hopefully this will be a big one! There's momentum in the air!
dracon388 +

having a photo! exciting much!

Times thanked
I'm very saddened that I'm unable to make this one.
Dont Touch +

getting ready for drag tag

Times thanked
wow. That guy really knows how to speak. how powerful! I will be there on saturday
braveduck +

waiting for his JohnShuler waxing!

Times thanked
I'll be there :)

DavoJimbo +

a happy chappy

Times thanked
My partner and I will be there. If we have to roll Julia to get this passed, then that is what we will do. Why an unmarried woman , who is living in sin, in the eyes of most religions, would stand in our way is beyond belief. She is pandering to a small but very vocal group of religious nutters who are not supporting her, anyway. She could easily be replaced by Albanese, and no one would miss her.
Lazzarus +

I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule,not to bewail,not to scorn human actions,but to understand them

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavoJimbo View Post

My partner and I will be there. If we have to roll Julia to get this passed, then that is what we will do. Why an unmarried woman , who is living in sin, in the eyes of most religions, would stand in our way is beyond belief. She is pandering to a small but very vocal group of religious nutters who are not supporting her, anyway. She could easily be replaced by Albanese, and no one would miss her.

Julia is a human just like you and I and she is influenced by everything that has ever happened to her throughout her life - just like you.
Don't just judge the reasoning but think about the reason for the reasoning. Sometimes things don't make sense only because you don't know why they shouldn't make sense.
I want to live in a world where a chicken can cross the road without having its motives questioned.
MaggieB +

A day without laughter is a day wasted

Times thanked
Wish I could be there!..With QLD's recent win, I have a good feeling about this one! :D
mark_ +

_

Times thanked
Should I go to this rally or not?

I'm indifferent about the issue but a certain man said he'd be there

shazzboy +

Banned

Times thanked
Rallies achieve nothing. The way to sway or punish Govt decisions is financially. If every homo started donating $100 per year to the Greens or other pro-gay marriage parties then that would massively fund them against Labor. Also grassroots campaigning in vulnerable electorates, and using funding to make 2 billions litigious moves against the Govt at all levels of Judicial authority.

Last edited by shazzboy: 4th December 2011 at 10:42 AM

DavoJimbo +

a happy chappy

Times thanked
The rally was actually quite civilized and enjoyable - not at all the freak show I was secretly dreading - of course it appears it was mostly in vain -
I hope Julia gets rolled - as well as Abbot It is our only hope, I fear.

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread