The Ladies' Lounge

Dating your ex's ex

Tools
Baby +

Team Alice

Times thanked
Default Dating your ex's ex
I recently befriended the ex girlfriend of one of my ex girlfriends. Now I'll begin by saying - there's NONE of that between us. Don't like her that way, and I've learned my lesson on long distance relationships. But something popped in my head I'd never thought of before - in the gay world, it's actually possible to date the ex of YOUR ex!

Has anyone actually done that? Or known someone who has? Was it because you really liked them, or to get back at your ex?

Dating your ex's ex....twisted fantasy or ultimate revenge?
lonelyeastside +

well my fingers are crossed

Times thanked
oooh Baby, you do love your taboo topics dont you!!!

personally Ive never dated an ex of my ex but I dont think I would (maybe just a bit of naughty time but not date - id get the guilts).

My ex started dating one of her others ex's ex's after we broke up, all hell broke lose! There was literally punch ons! (ferals) My ex initially did it out of revenge (she was happy to tell everyone) but then claimed to have developed genuwine feelings for the lady. Lady in question was concerned that she had been used for revenge but decided to give the relationship a crack. This caused alot of friends to no longer talk to my ex, on the basis that what she had done was wrong, and ex's ex's are off limits just like sisters/mums/cousins and bestfriends. Needless to say, when all the attention died out so did their relationship.
VladTheImpaler +

shut your bloody face

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby View Post

I recently befriended the ex girlfriend of one of my ex girlfriends...

I initially read that as "beheaded".
Baby +

Team Alice

Times thanked
Nope didn't behead anyone, my guillotine was getting sharpened that day.
Bar Wench +

Fanny Bandit

Times thanked
Jeez, I thought it was called living in a small town.

I can't remember having been in a relationship with any of my ex's ex's, but I've certainly slept with one or two. And had some of my ex's hook up together too.

My dad calls it 'The lesbian merry-go-round'. It's hard to get upset about it after a while.
VladTheImpaler +

shut your bloody face

Times thanked
Your Dad is cool
Bar Wench +

Fanny Bandit

Times thanked
Yeah. He and my mum are beautiful. They bought me a turkey baster for christmas this year, LOL!!!
VladTheImpaler +

shut your bloody face

Times thanked
Did he give you any sperm to go with it?
Bar Wench +

Fanny Bandit

Times thanked
I will not dignify that with an answer.

*Damn!*
undawundawoman +

Hello :)

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bar Wench View Post

Jeez, I thought it was called living in a small town.

I can't remember having been in a relationship with any of my ex's ex's, but I've certainly slept with one or two. And had some of my ex's hook up together too.

My dad calls it 'The lesbian merry-go-round'. It's hard to get upset about it after a while.

ohh wow... i live a sheltered life!
Baby Baby +

Love my partner so much. Here to chat for fun

Times thanked

Quote:

I recently befriended the ex girlfriend of one of my ex girlfriends. Now I'll begin by saying - there's NONE of that between us. Don't like her that way, and I've learned my lesson on long distance relationships. But something popped in my head I'd never thought of before - in the gay world, it's actually possible to date the ex of YOUR ex!

Has anyone actually done that? Or known someone who has? Was it because you really liked them, or to get back at your ex?

Dating your ex's ex....twisted fantasy or ultimate revenge?

Sounds complicated. It depends on how long ago they parted ways. First answer that came to mind is no.

... So far... Have yet to date girls who were on the scene or girls who were gay.

Dont want someone who has had many relationships so no to ex ex or ex ex ex ...

Don't mess with someone else's feelings not even an enemy's

Last edited by Baby Baby: 22nd June 2012 at 09:37 PM

Mac31 +

I am who I am. And sweetie..your approval isn't needed no matter how much you think it is!

Times thanked
In my opinion no good could come from dating an ex's ex unless alot of time has passed. But I also hold the view that you NEVER go back to an ex. Can't explain why. If you dated an ex's ex for revenge then that shows you still have feelings for your ex and that would be so cruel to the ex's ex. Put myself in the shoes of the ex's ex. Couldn't do it. You can't play with feelings.
Dash80 +

Lurky lurk

Times thanked
Two of mine dated. It was apparently a revenge tactic on both sides, which didn't really make sense since; a) I didn't know about it and b) if I had, I would've been happy for them.

It turned sour when one of them gave the other a Xmas present - a tshirt that she had my name printed on. Obviously someone wised up & decided they were both a bit crazy. And then I went back to one of them 4 years later. Turns out she was still a little bit crazy, but still wonderful - just not the woman I'm meant to spend my life with. (naaw)

Then, this one time at band camp..
undawundawoman +

Hello :)

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac31 View Post

In my opinion no good could come from dating an ex's ex unless alot of time has passed. But I also hold the view that you NEVER go back to an ex. Can't explain why. If you dated an ex's ex for revenge then that shows you still have feelings for your ex and that would be so cruel to the ex's ex. Put myself in the shoes of the ex's ex. Couldn't do it. You can't play with feelings.

im with you mac.....one of the reasons i dont have contact with any of my exes is bcos of that very mindset.... theres no going backwards for me.... only wanna look ahead.
Baby Baby +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by undawundawoman View Post

im with you mac.....one of the reasons i dont have contact with any of my exes is bcos of that very mindset.... theres no going backwards for me.... only wanna look ahead.

Yeah... Look ahead :-)
Baby +

Team Alice

Times thanked
I think going back to an ex depends very much on why and how you broke up, and how good the relationship was. If something was keeping you apart that has now changed, I think you can give it a second chance.

When I say ex's ex I guess I don't mean the merrygoround of everyone in a small community dating, I mean dating a fairly recent ex. It sounds like it does happen from the sounds of things! It's a kind of revenge a straight person can't really take, so it's unique to the gay community. I agree with mac31 that it certainly means you have feelings for the ex - but what if the ex ex also wants revenge and was willing to go into it for the same reason?
Baby Baby +

Times thanked

Quote:

I think going back to an ex depends very much on why and how you broke up, and how good the relationship was. If something was keeping you apart that has now changed, I think you can give it a second chance.

When I say ex's ex I guess I don't mean the merrygoround of everyone in a small community dating, I mean dating a fairly recent ex. It sounds like it does happen from the sounds of things! It's a kind of revenge a straight person can't really take, so it's unique to the gay community. I agree with mac31 that it certainly means you have feelings for the ex - but what if the ex ex also wants revenge and was willing to go into it for the same reason?

Revenge is best avoided. Clean slate and clean new life with someone new is a nicer option. Forgiving and letting go is the better way to be
Bar Wench +

Fanny Bandit

Times thanked
^Well that's all kinds of fucked up. But mostly just sad and pathetic.

I'm with Baby on the ex thing. Usually when my relationships end it's because they've been flogged to death over a couple of years. After the burning hatred has ended though, I think it's nice to have those connections to my past. I still count all of my exes as friends- with the exception of one, who is a dirty rotten whore. But then there's the one who I will always love and hope will some day take me back. I try not to make hard and fast rules any more.
Mac31 +

I am who I am. And sweetie..your approval isn't needed no matter how much you think it is!

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bar Wench View Post

^Well that's all kinds of fucked up. But mostly just sad and pathetic.

I'm with Baby on the ex thing. Usually when my relationships end it's because they've been flogged to death over a couple of years. After the burning hatred has ended though, I think it's nice to have those
connections to my past. I still count all of my exes as friends- with the exception of one, who is a dirty rotten whore. But then there's the one who I will always love and hope
will some day take me back. I try not to make hard and fast rules any more.

I am the same re. Friends with all my ex's except one also. Rotten whore could also be applied.lol And the circumstances of a break up CAN change things BUT not for me. Maybe for me there has been a trust thing and I struggle big time on trusting. Experiences I have had make me skeptical. BUT again I would never rule out a one night fuck if the time was right the planets were aligned and I was unbelievably horny. Never say never.

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread