Ask Same Same

An Archive board?

Tools
Marko +

"I was asked 'do you miss Clinton?' I said yeah I miss him, I'd rather have my president fucking his intern, than fucking the nation" - Paul Mooney

Times thanked
Default An Archive board?
As I'm sure SameSame realises, eventually you guys will have to clean up some of the older threads. So what about the threads that deserve to stay? Ones that have been hilarious, informative, memorable, covered a milestone on here etc. I propose an Archive board for them. Where they're officially locked from having posts added to them, but can still be viewed by current and future members.

I'm not suggesting this for now, I'm talking about in the future. Anyway I tried searching for if said Board exsists, it doesn't from what I've read.

Cheers

- Mark
"Sir" *stands up from wheelchair* "I have a plan" *walks two steps, looks down at feet* "MEIN FUHRER! I CAN WALK!" - Peter Sellers as Dr Strangelove
twoten85 +

WOw... i really have neglected SS :(

Times thanked
My Madonna post is staying! that is final :P
It’s like I’m a gay salmon fighting for my life in a river of bears

"Men should be like Kleenex, soft, strong and disposable." - Cher.

Reductive, look it up! - Madonna
Marko +

"I was asked 'do you miss Clinton?' I said yeah I miss him, I'd rather have my president fucking his intern, than fucking the nation" - Paul Mooney

Times thanked
Lol request it be archived maybe? :P
"Sir" *stands up from wheelchair* "I have a plan" *walks two steps, looks down at feet* "MEIN FUHRER! I CAN WALK!" - Peter Sellers as Dr Strangelove
MrAsh +

---

Times thanked
I've raised this issue before and there was an outcry of NO NO NO, apparently there are people who like to revive threads to prove a point about an issue (mark_) etc... Yet I do agree, a good clean up of threads needs to be undertaken and a lot of dead threads closed.

Matt will most likely post a response to you about this in the next couple of days.
Marko +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAsh View Post

I've raised this issue before and there was an outcry of NO NO NO, apparently there are people who like to revive threads to prove a point about an issue (mark_) etc... Yet I do agree, a good clean up of threads needs to be undertaken and a lot of dead threads closed.

Matt will most likely post a response to you about this in the next couple of days.

True. I was going to ask if someone else had suggested this. Anyway in that event that thye want to prove a point by bringing up past threads, they've always got the choice of linking to that thread in the Archive. Still it'll either eventually happen or those threads will start getting deleted when it comes to time for cleaning up. Cheers Ash. :]
Lazzarus +

I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule,not to bewail,not to scorn human actions,but to understand them

Times thanked
I want that rimming thread removed. It's a bloody disgrace
I want to live in a world where a chicken can cross the road without having its motives questioned.
twoten85 +

WOw... i really have neglected SS :(

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazzarus View Post

I want that rimming thread removed. It's a bloody disgrace

What rimming thread :O *passes out caz im innocent*
It’s like I’m a gay salmon fighting for my life in a river of bears

"Men should be like Kleenex, soft, strong and disposable." - Cher.

Reductive, look it up! - Madonna
Marko +

Times thanked
Lol ...whats wrong with rimming? lol
Lazzarus +

I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule,not to bewail,not to scorn human actions,but to understand them

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoten85 View Post

What rimming thread :O *passes out caz im innocent*

This travesty:

http://www.samesame.com.au/forum/sho...hlight=rimming

I'm quite a fan of rimming myself but would have killed Matt to edit my name out of the title? hmmm? -_-

Bloody disgrace
I want to live in a world where a chicken can cross the road without having its motives questioned.
Marko +

Times thanked
Hahaha Lazlo. Ok so what you really want is just a slight name change?
Lazzarus +

Times thanked
Nah it's all good mate. I'm just being silly
Marko +

Times thanked
Lol
mark_ +

_

Times thanked
Yes, it has been talked about by Ammonite, LB, myself and the person known as Martha Stewart. The status quo prevails.
Marko +

Times thanked
Lol status quo huh? I'll keep pushing this. It'll happen eventually.
mark_ +

_

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marko View Post

Lol status quo huh? I'll keep pushing this. It'll happen eventually.

I'd be pushing for a better SS search engine.

I don't know why Ash wants to 'clean up' the past.

Martha Stewart and I wanted to retrieve and celebrate some good things from the past posts. But others were saying that the past is just like water under the bridge (or a sewer under a bridge) and that the past has passed.
Marko +

Times thanked
Exactly, the past has passed, however like with keeping broken shit you no longer need, it starts to clutter up the house or server after a while. So why not an archive thread for old but useful threads of the past? Also sorry for the two day late reply, been flat out this week. :/
mark_ +

_

Times thanked
^ I spoke to Matt and he said the server is limitless (he said it was OK for me to post my entire literary works plus paintings).

But I do think we need an easier way to retrieve those jewels of wit and wisdom from the sludge of the past postings. For instance, the search engine doesn't accept three-letter key words and sometimes I know I want to find something but I can't think of the right key word to search.

http://www.samesame.com.au/forum/search.php?do=process
Matt Akersten +

Share the love :-)

Times thanked
Sorry I'm normally quicker at responding!

There's no real limit, post away! Don't worry about archiving and stuff, it's not necessary. Text is really small and we have big servers. Which are backed up. We won't delete anything... I'd hate that.

Yes our search function is a little clunky. For best results, type into Google:

SameSame.com.au: (whatever you wanna search for)

Then you should get a useful set of results. This method works on any other site too... I often find Google is better at finding things on various websites than their own searching features. xx

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread