News and Current Affairs

Where do you go to meet guys?

Page 1 of 2
  Tools
Matt Akersten +

Share the love :-)

Times thanked
Default Where do you go to meet guys?
Nice one. We should do a follow-up for the girls soon :-)
Lazzarus +

I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule,not to bewail,not to scorn human actions,but to understand them

Times thanked
Nice work.

I like to pay for my sex so rejection is never an issue. It's amazing how much more tongue you get for an extra $50 ;)
dannews +

not arriving in an egg

Times thanked
Haha, where did the dudes in the pic meet?
badtrany +

I am not a fruitloop! I'm a whole box of them

Times thanked
thats fine if you are a gay man but what if you are a genderqueer tranny?
B Matthews +

Mardi gras, catc interview, portfolio updates, ahh so much in March!

Times thanked
I enjoyed this a lot! Though I don't think any of that was great for me haha, loved the article though :)
Dont Touch +

getting ready for drag tag

Times thanked
Quote: %u201CConversation about diets, supplements and weights is a great way to show of your masculinity and spread some testosterone around. My favorite tactic is to ask a guy to spot me on the bench press. That way you can get a look straight up his shorts to check out his assets%u2026 LOL. %u201C
This made me emotionally vomit! Ok so yeah being able to express your masculinity is all well and good but this is really demoting feminine guys. I am not a%u201D fem%u201D guys trying to say %u201Chey what about my people%u201D no I am a rugby playing, hairy chested gym boy that is sticking up for the%u201D fems%u201D. Our community has y over the past few years decided verbally bash. There is nothing wrong with girly guys and to be masculine does not make you a better person.
Other than that I love your work good job.
Lazzarus +

I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule,not to bewail,not to scorn human actions,but to understand them

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dont Touch View Post

There is nothing wrong with girly guys and to be masculine does not make you a better person.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with a girly guy; I just don't want to fuck them. -_-
I want to live in a world where a chicken can cross the road without having its motives questioned.
Dont Touch +

Times thanked
I dislike the fact you cant delete your own coment. good article....... good
Dont Touch +

Times thanked
Lazzarus. now that you have typed that how do you think a girly guys might feel. They might feel un attractive and than closet their girly selves. think back to when you would hear homophobic comments from straight guys like

I dont care if a guy is gay I just dont want him anywhere near me

Doolander +

is titanium

Times thanked
It's very hard to make a connection with guys in general nowadays. Especially when you're not part of the gay culture and you only venture in every now and again.
Everyone seems to be out looking for the next best thing, not realising that to sustain a relationship, it's not all strawberries and cream. It takes work, and compromise. Society seems to have gone too far down this narcissistic everything-is-about-how-good-it-is-for-me path....
In my experience anyway.
MyHorseLikesYou +

Keep skateboarding gay or the jocks win.

Times thanked
^ same here
Thunderdome 'till we die!!!
Lazzarus +

Times thanked

Quote:

Lazzarus. now that you have typed that how do you think a girly guys might feel. They might feel un attractive and than closet their girly selves. think back to when you would hear homophobic comments from straight guys like

I dont care if a guy is gay I just dont want him anywhere near me

I don't care what you or anyone thinks. If you don't like what I have to say then block me and do both of us a favour.

I really, really, really, really, really don't care.

I like my men big and butch and nasty. I'm sure all the girly guys out there will be happy to know you're available because I won't be touching them.

This conversation ends............................ now!
I want to live in a world where a chicken can cross the road without having its motives questioned.
MrAsh +

---

Times thanked

Quote:

I dislike the fact you cant delete your own coment. good article....... good

You can delete your own comment. Click edit and you'll see a delete button at the bottom of the comment box.

Last edited by MrAsh: 22nd February 2012 at 01:56 AM

Reason: spelling.

MrAsh +

---

Times thanked
Shaun good article, you forgot a few other places where guy can meet others.

Supermarket.

If you live in gayland in any part of the world, the supermarket is a sure place to randomly meet potential suitors.

Laundrymat.

Like the supermarket, if you're in rainbow land, a casual conversation or a wink of the eye whilst doing a load can lead to more intimate suds with a stud!

Work.

Yep work, there are workplaces which are practically mini gaylands and I worked in such a place in Melbourne. The stories I heard and things I saw.

I still remember having a note passed to me whilst I was working asking for a date! I didn't like the guy so I handed it straight away to my supervisor, she brushed it off and said 'Oh Ash, that would happen to you often, get over it!'.
Marc +

Disillusioned SS'er have decided to check out.

Times thanked
Subway, Wet on Wellington, Club 80 are good places to meet someone.... but I subscribe to the notion the it will "mark" the relationships future.... he met you at the sauna and will leave you at the sauna....one day.
MrAsh +

---

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doolander View Post

It's very hard to make a connection with guys in general nowadays. Especially when you're not part of the gay culture and you only venture in every now and again.
Everyone seems to be out looking for the next best thing, not realising that to sustain a relationship, it's not all strawberries and cream. It takes work, and compromise. Society seems to have gone too far down this narcissistic everything-is-about-how-good-it-is-for-me path....
In my experience anyway.

I couldn't agree with you more Doolander.
MrAsh +

---

Times thanked

Quote:

Our community has y over the past few years decided verbally bash. There is nothing wrong with girly guys and to be masculine does not make you a better person.

The negative attitude from gay men towards 'femme' has been happening a lot longer than just the last few years and it's not only just verbal abuse, it's also physical and psychological.

In my view it stems from internalised homophobia and misogyny. Guys who are comfortable with their sexuality and who also see women as equals and not lessers are less likely to have issues with more feminine men.

Quote:

...I am a rugby playing, hairy chested gym boy that is sticking up for the%u201D fems%u201D

Stating that you're a hairy chested rugby playing gym boy sticky up for the femmes, makes you come across as being macho and paternalistic. It's quite patronising really and it seems you are making the assumption that 'femme' gay men are vulnerable, delicate, fragile, defenceless and weak. Who are in need of a masculine man to protect them. Just like the misogyny women endure about being the lesser gender, which is a load of nonsense.

'Femme' gay guys don't need protectors, they need support and encouragement to stand on their own feet and have the confidence to defend themselves and from my experience a lot of these 'femme' guys can do that perfectly!
Irene +

Not weird but blessed.

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Akersten View Post

Nice one. We should do a follow-up for the girls soon :-)

LOL That wll be a short thread!
trina2004 +

The sexualised fascist.

Times thanked
Lol.
Doolander +

is titanium

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAsh View Post

The negative attitude from gay men towards 'femme' has been happening a lot longer than just the last few years and it's not only just verbal abuse, it's also physical and psychological.

In my view it stems from internalised homophobia and misogyny. Guys who are comfortable with their sexuality and who also see women as equals and not lessers are less likely to have issues with more feminine men.

Stating that you're a hairy chested rugby playing gym boy sticky up for the femmes, makes you come across as being macho and paternalistic. It's quite patronising really and it seems you are making the assumption that 'femme' gay men are vulnerable, delicate, fragile, defenceless and weak. Who are in need of a masculine man to protect them. Just like the misogyny women endure about being the lesser gender, which is a load of nonsense.

'Femme' gay guys don't need protectors, they need support and encouragement to stand on their own feet and have the confidence to defend themselves and from my experience a lot of these 'femme' guys can do that perfectly!

My favourite post from you! Ever.
vinegar tits +

follow the regulations

Times thanked
far too many self absorbed, queens looking for something better and better without appreciating whats in front of them.

since when does going to the gym mean your masculine?

I prefer guys who are themselves, comfortable being both masculine and feminine and none of this over compensating to be 'straight acting' shit. I find it a big turn off. I also find the exaggerated queen a turn off too as it is another side of the spectrum of overcompensating.
twoten85 +

WOw... i really have neglected SS :(

Times thanked
When I first started going out the gay scene it was always the self absorbed effeminate screaming queens who were among the meanest to me, I still can walk into a club 11 years later and still get the same looks and comments I got back then... I guess the only difference between then and now is I am strong enough to bite back... Sydney is a very pretentious and shallow place whether we care to admit it or not to admit it.

I realize that the point of this article is relation to *where to find guys* and there are many great places you can exchange glances etc... I always have people speaking to me...guess I must be approachable
It’s like I’m a gay salmon fighting for my life in a river of bears

"Men should be like Kleenex, soft, strong and disposable." - Cher.

Reductive, look it up! - Madonna
Virgindirk +

sublimage

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoten85 View Post

When I first started going out the gay scene it was always the self absorbed effeminate screaming queens who were among the meanest to me, I still can walk into a club 11 years later and still get the same looks and comments I got back then... I guess the only difference between then and now is I am strong enough to bite back... Sydney is a very pretentious and shallow place whether we care to admit it or not to admit it.

I realize that the point of this article is relation to *where to find guys* and there are many great places you can exchange glances etc... I always have people speaking to me...guess I must be approachable

I had the same problem when i first moved to mebourne from regional tassie.Before I moved I kept having this vision that the gay scene was just one big happy group of guys who all got along and everyone was freinds with everyone.....I was soooo wrong. I couldnt believe the amount of bitching, fakeness and maniplulation that went on in the scene particularly in the 18-25ish age groups. The sad thing was I got roped into it and almost became one of them (former freinds are adament that I was one of them). I met some nice guys while I was living over there but looking back at the way I behaved and treated people I can see why things didnt go very far and none of them bothered to call back or meet up again. I suppose tts just one of those things were you have to look back at and learn a lesson.

I've been in a great relationship for over 2.5 years however I know that if my current parnter met me when I was 18 and living in melb he wouldnt have taken one look at me.
museboy +

[insert inanity here]

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazzarus View Post

I really, really, really, really, really don't care.

OK we get it. You don't care. You don't care about anything. Yet you still post that in pretty much every thread. Seems pretty lazy to proffer an opinion yet be oh so disinterested in responses. I would ask why but frankly I don't care either.
twoten85 +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by museboy View Post

OK we get it. You don't care. You don't care about anything. Yet you still post that in pretty much every thread. Seems pretty lazy to proffer an opinion yet be oh so disinterested in responses. I would ask why but frankly I don't care either.

Lazz isn't that bad...seriously the guy he was replying to seemed like such a dick :S

deki +

wish I had a car!

Times thanked
I'm with Lazz! <3
twoten85 +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by deki View Post

I'm with Lazz! <3

I second that

Iratei +

woohoo summer!

Times thanked
I think to meet guys you should go out and find them.
datkindagal +

Banned

Times thanked
where do you go to meet trans people,

at a UK Race day sponsored by Paddy Power
Dont Touch +

Times thanked
MrAsh I dislike you but you have made good points. I never said I was a protector. I proudly call my self fem. I ran a drag event and rock in a pair of heels. I just used these other terms so he would not term around saying thats just another fem complaining. hmm I am not going to debate this I already do every day.
Page 1 of 2

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread