The Ladies' Lounge

Introduction thread

Tools
Wicked Annabel +

thinking...

Times thanked
Default Go girl x
Hey Kristy, loved your post. I think I'm in a similar situation...keep doing the 'hetero relationship' thing but they never work cos somehow i know they don't feel right, and i've only ever had brief encounters with girls but never really explored that properly...I think I have to be honest with myself now though. Glad you've got support around you. I'm in Melb too, 35 (eek!) x
Irene +

Not weird but blessed.

Times thanked
Well done Annabel - it took me until I was 55!
Mojo12 +

Times thanked
Hello hello.
Am a newly-ish out 19yr old girl living in Sydney.
Don't know really where to go to
Meet girls so thought this may be a good place to start!
Mac31 +

I am who I am. And sweetie..your approval isn't needed no matter how much you think it is!

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irene View Post

Well done Annabel - it took me until I was 55!

WOW Irene..Did you always know you were gay? Why 55 do you think?
This is when you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and take a step forward. Think Kryptonite.. I believe in you..
Irene +

Not weird but blessed.

Times thanked
I've only very recently thought of myself as gay. I was trying to explain it to Bon the other night. When I was young, it wasn't even an option - it was never even spoken of. Lesbians were confined to butch women. I never knew of anyone who was lesbian. I had a very passionate and intense relationship with a boyfriend in my 20s that lasted several years. After that broke up I was so devastated I had no interest in a relationship for quite some years, and then it was mainly affairs with little emotional involvement.

Actually, the bf was very talented literary-wise & extraordinarily intelligent. He actually wrote a book about a lesbian S&M relationship. I read the draft (very erotic) and heard he was trying to find a publisher. I don't know if he ever did - he obviously had to do so under a female nom de plume.

Earlier at boarding school when I was 14, there was a girl in my room of 4 who would visit our beds in turn and give us very sensual massages (back only). One day I mentioned it to another girl not in our room who exclaimed "No!!! She's a lesbian!" First time I'd ever heard the word, but I understood it was a bad thing!! LOL

I suppose from about 40, I made pretty obvious passes at some women which were rejected quite vehemently, but I still never though of myself as lesbian. But since that age, I have had no interest in men at all. It wasn't until I started really lusting after one of my employees a couple of years ago, that the penny dropped. Slow learner,whatever, I don't know.
Jen4 +

Times thanked
hi, Im newly out. I was in relationships with men before but subconsciously i think i was sabotaging them... Looking back i was never comfortable. Now I have this feeling of freedom. Im 26 from melbourne and ready to start living.
Mac31 +

I am who I am. And sweetie..your approval isn't needed no matter how much you think it is!

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irene View Post

I've only very recently thought of myself as gay. I was trying to explain it to Bon the other night. When I was young, it wasn't even an option - it was never even spoken of. Lesbians were confined to butch women. I never knew of anyone who was lesbian. I had a very passionate and intense relationship with a boyfriend in my 20s that lasted several years. After that broke up I was so devastated I had no interest in a relationship for quite some years, and then it was mainly affairs with little emotional involvement.

Actually, the bf was very talented literary-wise & extraordinarily intelligent. He actually wrote a book about a lesbian S&M relationship. I read the draft (very erotic) and heard he was trying to find a publisher. I don't know if he ever did - he obviously had to do so under a female nom de plume.

Earlier at boarding school when I was 14, there was a girl in my room of 4 who would visit our beds in turn and give us very sensual massages (back only). One day I mentioned it to another girl not in our room who exclaimed "No!!! She's a lesbian!" First time I'd ever heard the word, but I understood it was a bad thing!! LOL

I suppose from about 40, I made pretty obvious passes at some women which were rejected quite vehemently, but I still never though of myself as lesbian. But since that age, I have had no interest in men at all. It wasn't until I started really lusting after one of my employees a couple of years ago, that the penny dropped. Slow learner,whatever, I don't know.

Wow. Isn't it just so peaceful being who you really are. I grew up in a country town who loved labelling people nastily. I knew when I was younger but struggled emotionally with it because of the thoughts at that time. I remember when I started to come in to my own and learn to not care about others opinions so much and learnt confident to have my own. I love being where I am now.
This is when you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and take a step forward. Think Kryptonite.. I believe in you..
Mac31 +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen4 View Post

hi, Im newly out. I was in relationships with men before but subconsciously i think i was sabotaging them... Looking back i was never comfortable. Now I have this feeling of freedom. Im 26 from melbourne and ready to start living.

Good on you Jen. Exciting times ahead.
Wicked Annabel +

thinking...

Times thanked
Thanks girls, can definitely relate to a lot of that...(even though I'm a newbie bumbling my way through..) This is a great forum!
Sammie83 +

Times thanked
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!'
Long time reader, first time poster. I think it is time for me to start contributing!
Bon91 +

Sorry You're Not A Winner

Times thanked
Welcome to the lurkers we should all post and be merry together! Yay!
Haven't we learned over the past two days that if we all pull together we can become greater than the sum of our parts. That if we are of one mind and one intent, there are no boundaries to what we can achieve
IhateMondays +

Times thanked
Hurro :3
JessLove +

Times thanked
Hi
I'm Jess, I'm 18 and need to meet some new friends. I live in south east melbourne.
Mac31 +

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessLove View Post

Hi
I'm Jess, I'm 18 and need to meet some new friends. I live in south east melbourne.

Welcome Jess!. Best part of Melbourne..Me too.
pretty princess +

Times thanked
hi there :-)
Im heading to Brisbane from up north. i have lost nearly all of my friends since coming out. looking to make some new friends :-)

Last edited by pretty princess: 3rd April 2012 at 09:43 PM

pretty princess +

Times thanked
Default wow :-)
that's exactly where Im at. though i was stupid enough to get married even know it wasn't where my heart was! 25 and moving to Brisbane to start over :-)
MaggieB +

A day without laughter is a day wasted

Times thanked
Welcome to all the new ladies, especially the brisbane ones
Time is not something that we can borrow and the future is uncertain until tomorrow
Dash80 +

Lurky lurk

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by pretty princess View Post

hi there :-)
Im heading to Brisbane from up north. i have lost nearly all of my friends since coming out. looking to make some new friends :-)

That's pretty crappy. You've come to the right place for acceptance though. Welcome!
faeriegoddess +

Synonym's just another word for the word you want to use

Times thanked
welcome new soylent friends!
"Hear my soul speak. Of the very instant that I saw you, Did my heart fly at your service" --- The Tempest, Act 3, Scene 1
megawatts +

Open up your heart and let me pull you away

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by faeriegoddess View Post

welcome new soylent friends!

Soylent?
soniktoothpenny +

Times thanked
I couldn't even find it in the mac default dictionary.
ex oh ex oh curious
MJLane +

Times thanked
Hello been reading for a while but this is my first post! 23yr old female living in brisbane - im fairly new to the scene, would be great to make some new friends and thought this would be a good place to start!
linkin +

Temporarily Out of Stock

Times thanked
Welcome lovely
faeriegoddess +

Synonym's just another word for the word you want to use

Times thanked
oh my! you wee sproglets don't know Soylent Green!
Well, it means that I see new lesbians and I want to eat them. I'm just really friendly is all.
"Hear my soul speak. Of the very instant that I saw you, Did my heart fly at your service" --- The Tempest, Act 3, Scene 1
megawatts +

Open up your heart and let me pull you away

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by faeriegoddess View Post

oh my! you wee sproglets don't know Soylent Green!
Well, it means that I see new lesbians and I want to eat them. I'm just really friendly is all.

Looks like a mighty interesting movie. I'll have to watch it!
marilynbruce +

Live, Laugh, Love... Uninhibitedly, Uncontrollably, Unconditionally

Times thanked
Hi all, I'm Maz, 30 livin in Brisbane. Only joined the site today, still investigating/stalking... lol ....
You have not loved a beautiful woman until you love one with tattoos
kateNicole24 +

hello

Times thanked
Hello I am from Adelaide, nice to meet you all!
Girllover +

Times thanked
Hmm so this feels like a big step for some reason.. a good one though! Just wanted to say hiya and introduce myself. Looking to making some friends on here. Hope everyone is well tonight.
Bellie +

Times thanked
Welcome all!
Claireem +

Times thanked
Hi all, I'm Claire. I'm a melbourne girl (eastern suburbs). Just joined and thought I'd say hi

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread