Ask Same Same

How To Cancel Your Same Same Account

Page 1 of 2
  Tools
Tim D +

Times thanked
Default How To Cancel Your Same Same Account
In order to leave Same Same, simply do the following:

1. Select 'Edit Profile' under your name on the top menu.

2. Beside your profile pic on the right, select 'Edit Profile'

3. Tick the box that says "Set profile to invisible", then click on "Update" at the bottom.

4. Then click on "Logout" at the top of the page.

As far as the site is concerned, that profile will no longer exist.

If your profile is coming up in Google's listing, the next time Google does a search of Same Same (and we have no control how often that is), they will see that the page no longer exists and it will eventually drop off their listing. This part is outside of our control.

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited by Matt Akersten: 20th April 2012 at 09:17 AM

Reason: updating the site's settings

Hels85 +

Times thanked
can you please delete my account, i tried setting it to invisible. it doesn't work.

much appreciated.

cheers......
lapboy +

annoyed

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hels85 View Post

can you please delete my account, i tried setting it to invisible. it doesn't work.

I've done the same, and it too does not work. I have even tried to give false information, it still doesn't work. Is there anyway that you are able to permanently remove or delete my account?
atomuboy +

wondering if he should be embarrassed..but then i've done worse....

Times thanked
Hi Tim

This does not work, you seriously need a delete profile. Shifting the reason for a profile appearing due to google listing/cacheing is poor. please get a delete button.

On a seperate issue..for SMO reasons i need to delete this profile so i can open a new one in the name of my blog, i'm aligning all my SM profiles for for effective SMM. If i can't delete it i need to change my user name. Which one these can be done?

I've tried opening a second account using a gmail alias but your site does not allow that either (doesn't recognise the address)..most social media and other sites allow this and i'm not opening a second email account just to create a profile here.

I don't want to stop using same same as you have a good audience, reach and articles but will if i can't resolve the issue. Can you help?
soakingoose +

Times thanked
just want to know why is that peoples profiles are on google anyway so much for privacy . not all people are out . Maybe we ticked something we we should not have ...who knows should be an option on advertising on google
cheers
p.s can not even get to remove my pic off profile
atomuboy +

Times thanked
this is just laziness on samesame's part for not having great privacy protection. you would have entered your real name when setting up our profile, this is what search engines spiders are reading..

thank god there is better privacy protection on other sites is all i can say
TheOldie +

Goodbye winter !

Times thanked
Truly I wish these people would bugger off.

Fancy joing a website before knowing what its all about. Most have single digit postings.

You can Google most peoples names on Google from their job to schools.

SameSame has nics and I seriously doubt anyone would know who the fark is
Atomuboy or Soakingoose is or cares.
atomuboy +

Times thanked
hey oldie if you don't like the conversation... gee, um don't read it and don't join in! simple hey

personally i have no issue and um, guess what..some people aren't as technical as others..and some sites have better protection than others so why don't you bugger off

p.s i'd love you find my other profiles just by searching by my name...guess what..they don't all come up.
TheOldie +

Goodbye winter !

Times thanked
Gee, um

why keep coming back to the website ???????????????????????????????????????????????
electric +

Times thanked
So none of this helps me delete my profile, has there been any further progress on figuring out how to delete permanently instead of just hiding it?
atomuboy +

Times thanked
O my god, Oldie are you 5 years old? anyway...clearly your a moron (and for the record, privacy protections are legal responsibilities not a service add on)

electric, same same have not progressed on their responsibility for better privacy protection or the inability to delete your account. Looks like it's gone into the too hard basket.

There's more than one forum thread on this topic, none have satisfactory resolutions
soakingoose +

Times thanked
Default Electric
Hi Electric the easiest way is to delete your pic and change details .. like different suburb that way when it comes up in google etc . there is no pic or correct suburb

hey Automuboy well said in your post.

And for you The oldie you need to take chill pills people write on these blogs for answers from this community , not to be ridiculed by you . i guess some people are born bitter
Melbourne Lesbian +

Times thanked
Dear Same Same,

Do you think you could actually make it possible for people to delete their accounts? There are many reasons people choose to do this, and i find it quite unethical that you set up a situation that makes it impossible for people to leave.
annabella +

fun, loving, honest, caring, crazy happy, adventurous

Times thanked
hi tim i have done this quite a few times cancelled my profile and i come back onto check and i am still on here... please delete me off thankyou
nickdisco +

back down the rabbit hole

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim D View Post

1. Go to Me > My Profile in the Nav bar.

2. Click on the grey "Edit Your Profile" in the centre column

3. Tick the box that says "Set profile to invisible", then click on "Save" at the bottom.

4. Then click on "Logout" at the top right hand side of the nav bar.

As far as the site is concerned, you will then no longer exist on Same Same.

If your profile is coming up in Google's listing, the next time Google does a search of Same Same (and we have no control how often that is), they will see that the page no longer exists and it will eventually drop off their listing. This part is outside of our control.

Thanks,
Tim

1. Go to Me > My Profile in the Nav bar.

2. Click on the grey "Edit Your Profile" in the centre column

3. Tick the box that says "Set profile to invisible", then click on "Save" at the bottom.

4. Then click on "Logout" at the top right hand side of the nav bar.

As far as the site is concerned, you will then no longer exist on Same Same.

Queer Geek with too much time on his hands.
Melbourne Lesbian +

Times thanked
This website has major faults in it.

I have carried out the above steps 5-6 times, each time i do i get the error message:

"The page you requested is obviously not there, has moved or been deleted. You might like to check the address you entered and try again."

I'd also like to cancel my email subscriptions, but do you think it'll let me do that as well?

Cancel my account please, i don't just want it invisible so you can say you have "X number of members".

I wonder if there's some sort of Ombudsman for this.

Last edited by Melbourne Lesbian: 4th May 2010 at 07:31 AM

weathervain +

rise of the planet of the apes was brilliant

Times thanked
Just do what I do when people send me spam continuosly, create an auto filter that returns all the mail as forwards to their account and automatically and sends anything from them to your delete box, they'll soon get the message
What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it's curved like a road through mountains.
guru_g +

dying of severe jetlag

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melbourne Lesbian View Post

This website has major faults in it.

I have carried out the above steps 5-6 times, each time i do i get the error message:

"The page you requested is obviously not there, has moved or been deleted. You might like to check the address you entered and try again."

I'd also like to cancel my email subscriptions, but do you think it'll let me do that as well?

Cancel my account please, i don't just want it invisible so you can say you have "X number of members".

I wonder if there's some sort of Ombudsman for this.

Yes there are major software faults with the site. No you can't delete your account. Yes, there is a Government approach - the Privacy Commissioner is probably the most relevant.

Alternatively you could write directly to SameSame satff asking them to manually remove your account from their end. I believe they've done it before in certain cases.
Melbourne Lesbian +

Times thanked
Thanks guru_g,

Of course i'd prefer the easier route of asking them to remove it. I believe this thread has been going on for some time now, i don't understand why somebody can't fix this problem, or at least respect people's wishes.

Oh, i've just noticed there is no way to contact them, unless by snail mail. What sort of an organisation is this? This is becoming a hostage situation.

Last edited by Melbourne Lesbian: 4th May 2010 at 03:37 PM

minniemouse +

Times thanked
I have to agree about the hostage situation. I joined, I immediately regretted it, and now I'm stuck here, with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. This is simply not good enough, samesame. I don't want to just change stuff (tried it anyway - sick of error messages) I want OUT! I'm a member of many forums and this site is the pits, as far as I'm concerned. Please, do some serious work on this or else I for one will be warning people off this place as loudly and as frequently as I can.
minniemouse +

Times thanked
Yes. My profile remains unchanged. Possibly I'm missing something really basic but if I am, it's pretty obscure.
Melbourne Lesbian +

Times thanked
You're not doing anything wrong minnimouse. The website doesn't work.

*Wow*, that's really interesting nickdisco, seeing as though your instructions don't work.

Last edited by Melbourne Lesbian: 16th May 2010 at 07:06 PM

jasitweb +

fucked off i cant leave

Times thanked
Default bullshit
your instructions dont work, WHY?
jasitweb +

fucked off i cant leave

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by guru_g View Post

Yes there are major software faults with the site. No you can't delete your account. Yes, there is a Government approach - the Privacy Commissioner is probably the most relevant.

Alternatively you could write directly to SameSame satff asking them to manually remove your account from their end. I believe they've done it before in certain cases.

guru_g........ you lucky MOFO you got banned i want banned too, how come these wankers that run the site can ban people but cant let them cancel, coz theyre STUPID FUCKING WANKERS THATS WHY.
jasitweb +

fucked off i cant leave

Times thanked

Quote:

Originally Posted by weathervain View Post

Just do what I do when people send me spam continuosly, create an auto filter that returns all the mail as forwards to their account and automatically and sends anything from them to your delete box, they'll soon get the message

CHRIST YOURE HARDCORE, BET THAT FUCKIN SHOWED EM EH!!!
faeriegoddess +

Synonym's just another word for the word you want to use

Times thanked
the hard part is to stop coming back and checking
though you would be missed FE
"Hear my soul speak. Of the very instant that I saw you, Did my heart fly at your service" --- The Tempest, Act 3, Scene 1
greggles +

bon vivant!

Times thanked
If I knew that there was a true deletion of an account as in a there will be nothing left of you like u can request from facebook, I'd be gone in a flash. As it happens there isn't so ill stay on here bumming everyone out....hahaha
faeriegoddess +

Synonym's just another word for the word you want to use

Times thanked
you actually can't really request that of facebook either. once your FB page is "deleted" any time you log back in again, it all pops back into existence.

I do find it odd that the only options are to either be entirely wiped from existence or stay and be grumpy.

but I'm glad you'll still be around =)
"Hear my soul speak. Of the very instant that I saw you, Did my heart fly at your service" --- The Tempest, Act 3, Scene 1
greggles +

bon vivant!

Times thanked
actually....there is a way you can have an FB profile deleted...I had mine removed after I couldn't see the point of it...well no friends ya knoe! lol! you need to email a special address and specifically request that it be deleted and they will...but it's been so long since I did it I can't remember the protocol.

Thanks Fae...I'm pleased there are a couple of people with compassion.
Kikiola +

cleaning up, but who cares ?

Times thanked
Default Why can't I just CANCEL my account - it has not helped having it
I also wish to totally CANCEL my SameSame account, and I have set it to private - THAT worked OK, and no Google searches find my SameSame UserName - I think I may just write both to SameSame and to the Privacy Commissioner also - they have MY details, but WHO runs the site ? 'NO names, no pack-drill' - ALL social media websites SHOULD give the option to CANCEL - THAT is why the Privacy Act was passed, long before 'social media' came into existence !
Page 1 of 2

Previous Thread  |  Next Thread