Welcome back to Wentworth!

Season two of Aussie women’s prison drama Wentworth starts this week, and promises to again be a hotbed of drama, intrigue, violence… and lesbian sex.

The first episode of the new season will feature the arrival of Pamela Rabe as scary screw Joan Ferguson. Fans of the 1980s version Prisoner Cell Block H will know she lived up to her nickname… ‘The Freak’.

She’s showcased in the exciting teaser clip for the new season – but you can call her “Governor”! Watch it below.

In the original version of the show, Joan Ferguson, played by Maggie Kirkpatrick, was a smart but sadistic lesbian who was famed for her controversial ‘frisk’ search of the inmates. It’ll be interesting to see if the 21th century Freak has similar tastes.

One thing’s for sure though, lesbian passion won’t be far off the agenda. Last year’s finale episode saw Wentworth inmate Franky Doyle (Nicole da Silva) and Governor Erica Davidson (Leeanna Walsman) give in to a passionate clinch, shown below.

It looks like Erica won’t return for season two, so who will Franky set her sights on next?

Wentworth season one is now available on DVD, and season two begins 8:30pm this Tueaday May 20 on Foxtel’s SoHo channel.

Comments

Chettack

Chettack said on the 19th May, 2014

They should have went worth on normal tv,people that don't have foxtel have to wait unfair :(

Virgindirk

Virgindirk said on the 19th May, 2014

Commercial tv networks wouldn't be interested in a show like Wentworth. They're too busy making drama series about glorified underworld criminals , the packer family or 30 something middle class hetrosexual women.

TheOldie said on the 12th Jul, 2014

this show is EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 2nd series is soooooooooooooooooo good

TheOldie said on the 15th Jul, 2014

Vinegar Tits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what an excellent way to introduce us to Vinegar Tits !

This show just keeps getting better ! sure a few stories are lame but that happens in almost any series but the overall story is so good.

Its like the original series when you sat around screaming at things that happened , the new series does the same.

Fingers crossed for Series 3. So many of the characters unfolding they will need another series.

TheOldie said on the 10th Aug, 2014

How fucking awesome was this series !

Just finished the last episode.

THERE HAD BETTER BE A SERIES 3 ???????????????????????????

and we found out how the Freak got her name.

Best line though went to Lizzie Birdsworth when the Police were
searching through her things

Policeman: Whats this ?

Lizzie : Steak Knife

Policeman : Whats it doing here ?

Lizzie : Waiting for a Steak

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Now where is our Inside girl to let us know if there will be a Series 3 ?

Please....................

Mama Catastrophe

Mama Catastrophe said on the 10th Aug, 2014

How fucking awesome was this series !

Just finished the last episode.

THERE HAD BETTER BE A SERIES 3 ???????????????????????????

and we found out how the Freak got her name.

Best line though went to Lizzie Birdsworth when the Police were
searching through her things

Policeman: Whats this ?

Lizzie : Steak Knife

Policeman : Whats it doing here ?

Lizzie : Waiting for a Steak

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Now where is our Inside girl to let us know if there will be a Series 3 ?

Please....................

There is a season 3 darlin'. Its already been filmed and should be in post production now. Be great if they didnt make us wait till next year. xx

TheOldie said on the 10th Aug, 2014

good one thanks Mama !

guess I could have Googled that !

Things just come from left of right in a second ! how they got their names , what happened to Fletch ...will they find whats on his phone ?
Will the Freak get hers ?

but yeah till next year ........................sigh..................

TheOldie said on the 31st Mar, 2015

When I bundled up phone/internet/foxtel they said yes I could add in extra foxtel packages......cue to me wanting to add in movie package
oh you can just add it , you have to re sign for another 24 months..........cunts............ so told them to fuck off but also means I wont be
able to watch Series 3 !!!!!!!!!!!! will have to wait till its released on DVD..............lying turds Telstra

TheOldie said on the 12th Apr, 2015

S3E1

Freak : Life with no parole

Frankie : Shit , no wonder you look stressed

Aahahhahahhahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I sooooooooooooooooo love this show

Oh and I got a really nice gay boy on the Foxtel phone who fixed it all up for me :)

TheOldie said on the 12th Apr, 2015

The Freak

Tigerland

Tigerland said on the 13th Apr, 2015

I was hoping Fletch was going to make a full recovery and return to Wentworth. One of the online promo's appeared to show that but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I think the promo was more of a dream like sequence.

TheOldie said on the 13th Apr, 2015

wait and see grasshopper

a_youngster

a_youngster said on the 14th Apr, 2015

This is a terrible show. Just because it's slightly better than other Australian tv shows doesn't mean it's good. The governor looks like Mrs Trunchbull, so stereotypical.

Tigerland

Tigerland said on the 14th Apr, 2015

Whaat? :eek:

Have you followed it right from the start?

a_youngster

a_youngster said on the 14th Apr, 2015

Whaat? :eek:

Have you followed it right from the start?

Why do I need to follow it from the start?

Tigerland

Tigerland said on the 14th Apr, 2015

So you can get a better understanding of the overall storyline. The show just might grow on you. :)

TheOldie said on the 14th Apr, 2015

Whaat? :eek:

Have you followed it right from the start?

dont bite

youngsters only on here to stir

The_Freak said on the 14th Apr, 2015

The Freak

I'm sorry, M/s Pamela Rabe is a wonderful Australian actress but there is only ONE Freak

And that is ...................................

*Drum Roll*

^^^ Ta da! :D

TheOldie said on the 14th Apr, 2015

out with the old !

and in with the new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Freak said on the 14th Apr, 2015

out with the old !

and in with the new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They could always get M/s Maggie Kirkpatrick to play some sort of relative of M/s Rabe's "Joan".

Imagine that ....... two Freaks for the price of one. :D

a_youngster

a_youngster said on the 14th Apr, 2015

dont bite

youngsters only on here to stir

Not sharing the same opinion as you =/= trying to stir trouble.

TheOldie said on the 14th Apr, 2015

errrr you yourself posted about why should you watch the series from the beginning....so you cant
judge if you havent watched the series . You seem to enjoy just taking the opposite opinion to what people post
so yeah that = stirring

have a nice life

TheOldie said on the 14th Apr, 2015

TheOldie said on the 14th Apr, 2015

a_youngster

a_youngster said on the 15th Apr, 2015

so yeah that = stirring

have a nice life

lol I've watched two episodes, I don't need to watch the whole thing to know that I don't like it. That's like saying you need to have full-on sex with a woman before knowing for sure that you are gay. I simple give my opinions, regardless of whether they're different from other people on this board. If you have a problem with that, so be it, and if you're trying to shut me up, it's not working.

Tigerland

Tigerland said on the 15th Apr, 2015

What's your favourite show then? Let me guess....Glee? :rolleyes:

Bar Wench

Bar Wench said on the 24th Apr, 2015

I am so excited to see Pia Miranda and Libby Tanner back on our screens.

So far I'm wondering where they're going with this season. It lacks the plot direction that the other two have had (S1, Bea's ascent; S2, revenge). Anyone have any ideas where it's going, or will it just be a straight-up Bea vs Gov affair?

Tigerland

Tigerland said on the 24th Apr, 2015

I think Frankie is going to try and cotton on to this new Prison Psychiatrist.

That other younger girl with the long hair who showed up during last season. I've forgotten her name (She was originally supposed to be Godmother for Doreen's baby). I reckon she's bad news under that sweet and innocent exterior.

TheOldie said on the 24th Apr, 2015

I am so excited to see Pia Miranda and Libby Tanner back on our screens.

yeah I was wondering similar Wench

still have this weeks to watch as had visitors and I want to keep this to myself :)

but thought it seemed a bit lamer that last 2 series.........still they make surprise us lots of other characters
from original show that can suddenly turn up and cause mayhem

a few male prisoners would be nice , oh and them getting it on as well........sometimes the girls just make blush hahahahahahaaa

crazzymikey

crazzymikey said on the 24th Apr, 2015

:D:D:D

Mama Catastrophe

Mama Catastrophe said on the 24th Apr, 2015

I am so excited to see Pia Miranda and Libby Tanner back on our screens.

Although Mama still aching for it she agrees that this season seems a bit directionless. Another thing that seems to be lacking in Mamas opinion is that unlike Prisoner, Wentworth isn't introducing many new inmates. Prisoner always had its core gals but there was a constant stream of new arrivals each bringing new storylines with them.

I think Frankie is going to try and cotton on to this new Prison Psychiatrist.

Oooh yes that gal is gonna be trouble.

Bar Wench

Bar Wench said on the 25th Apr, 2015

^ Me three with the baby killer. At first she spun a believable story, but the way she's looking at Doreen's guts makes me think that an involuntary C-Section may well be in the cards.

And Yes, Frankie and the Psych really need to get fingering, and soon. Not nearly enough sleaze in this season - apart from Frankie's shower vom. Thank god we were spared details on that storyline.

Mellovesphotography

Mellovesphotography said on the 25th Apr, 2015

omg. its an Aussie OITNB. I didn't even know this existed

TheOldie said on the 25th Apr, 2015

get Series 1 & 2 Mel you will love it.............. we all are :)

TheOldie said on the 26th Apr, 2015

Frankie : she had a sense of humour bypass ?

Frankie to Freak : you get a bulk deal ?

hahahaaaaaaaaa

TheOldie said on the 26th Apr, 2015

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

I think this last episode has picked it back up................ loved it

Tigerland

Tigerland said on the 27th Apr, 2015

I wish they'd give us a 2 hour episode once in a while! :cool:

Tigerland

Tigerland said on the 19th Jun, 2015

Just watched this week's episode and all I have to say is WOW!

I was right about Jess being the one who was planting the bottles of booze under Lizzie's pillow.

Can't wait for the Season finale next week!

TheOldie said on the 27th Jun, 2015

that was great !

no spoilers from me !

I loved Boomer in those last few episodes.

Glad you know who got you know what.................. You know who didnt surprise me as being the baddie

and as for the new prisoners coming in..................................

CANT WAIT FOR SERIES 4 !

The_Freak said on the 28th Jun, 2015

Being a "Prisoner" fan from way back I've made no attempt to see this series at all.

I only get free-to-air thingys as well ...... Foxtel free zone here! :p

And although I adore M/s Pamela Rabe who plays "you know who" :cool: in the series, the only M/s Joan Ferguson to me is M/s Maggie Kirkpatrick.

Having said all this though ..................

I remember folks rabbiting on about how "Breaking Bad" was such a great series and until I pulled out the "proverbial" and bought the series on DVD, couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

And of course, they were right.

"Breaking Bad" was excellently written and many episodes left me like :eek:

I may or may not have to buy the first series of "Wentworth" and see if it is any good myself. #justsaying.

flounder

flounder said on the 29th Jun, 2015

I only get free-to-air thingys as well ...... Foxtel free zone here! :p

Having said all this though ..................

And of course, they were right.

"Breaking Bad" was excellently written and many episodes left me like :eek:

Hey Fereaky Im over halfway through series 3 of BB. I thought series 2 was a bit slow and tedious to get through at times but loving series 3 so far.

TheOldie said on the 29th Jun, 2015

pull your finger out Freaky and at least buy the 1st series.

The 2nd series was good not as good at the 1st. The 3rd series was kinda like 2nd series good for the first few episodes but then it heated
up like you wouldnt believe.

I am/was a big Prisoner fan as well and just though meh its on Foxtel , its free may as well watch a few episodes and like BB after a couple
of episodes was hooked.

I expect to see your receipt for buying the 1st series within the next week so get moving.

Tigerland

Tigerland said on the 29th Jun, 2015

Apart from some of the characters having the same names as those in the original both series are really nothing alike. Trust me Freaky after a few episodes you'll be hooked!

The_Freak said on the 29th Jun, 2015

pull your finger out Freaky and at least buy the 1st series.

up like you wouldnt believe.

of episodes was hooked.

I've put it on my list to buy Mr Oldie & Mr Tigerland. :p

I'll see how I go with Series 1 first ....... then more than likely progress.

I'll drag my beau out to JB Hi-Fi on the weekend & get the lecture again about having more DVDs than Blockbuster.

Give us something to watch on those cold, "beau-snuggling" weekends. :D

TheOldie said on the 29th Jun, 2015

any luck and the Beau will enjoy it and you can make him buy Series 2 & 3 !

The_Freak said on the 29th Jun, 2015

I guess I got us off topic a little before talking about "Breaking Bad" but I guess it was kind of relevant in a way ......

I couldn't see what folks were raving about until I watched it myself ("Breaking Bad" that is) and I guess it'll be the same with "Wentworth".

@Mr Oldie: Who knows! My beau told me once he never watched "Prisoner" back in the 1980s, so "Wentworth" will be a whole different experience for him. I'll be one trying to get his head around other actors being called "Frankie", "Bea", Doreen" etc.

I'll try to keep an open mind about the Joan Ferguson character if I get to Series 2 or is it 3? .... just saying. :D

TheOldie said on the 29th Jun, 2015

yes but just wait till you see who Frankie , Bea , Doreen is....................... thats one of the best parts of the series.

The_Freak said on the 10th

Just received Series 1 and 2 in the mail. Have already watched Series 1, of course, when I borrowed it from Civic Video. Am watching Disc 1 of Series 2.

M/s Ferguson has just made her debut as the Governor and Frankie's Top Dog with Bea Smith addicted to sedatives.

And no sign of Erica Davidson? :eek:

But Boomer's still there. :D

TheOldie said on the 10th

less talking and more watching !

I love Boomer

The_Freak said on the 10th

less talking and more watching !

I love Boomer

Me too ...... But I adore Frankie.

She's such an improvement on the Frankie Doyle who was in "Prisoner" who whilst good was soooo clichéd.

The_Freak said on the 11th

OMG Ferguson finds out that Simmo is going to do a hit on Bea, steals some of Vera's mother's pain meds, manages to dismantle the device that Simmo has planted to kill Bea and bye bye Simmo .......

Is there anything this woman can't do?? :p

What I don' get is that with all those prison cameras in every nook & cranny of Wentworth, that no-one has figured out that the Governor could spy on EVERYONE - prisoners and staff alike. :rolleyes:

The_Freak said on the 11th

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you ............

VINEGAR TITS

The_Freak said on the 11th

Up to Episode 9, half way through Series 2.

And M/s Ferguson is trying to get Doreen to say that a Prison Officer is the father of her child. :eek:

What a so and so. ;)

flounder

flounder said on the 11th

Haha you should hear yourselves from someone who knows nothing about the show, so much passion!! :eek:

When are they making the series WentworthVILLE, now that could have some serious plots!! :D

TheOldie said on the 11th

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you ............

VINEGAR TITS

finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont ya just love the way things like this get introduced ! or new prisoner or guard with a name from the past but not
the same character from the past

I was eating dinner during this episode and I just stopped mid shovelling , then yelped ! and played the scene back over
again.

and I still love Boomer !!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Freak said on the 11th

Call me a suspicious old Freak ..............

There's something not quite right about that Jess Warner ......

....something about her "little Miss nervous act" that just doesn't addup

The_Freak said on the 11th

LOL.

It's a good show, Mr Flounder.

Not as good as "Breaking Bad", but good none-the-less. :D

flounder

flounder said on the 11th

LOL.

It's a good show, Mr Flounder.

Not as good as "Breaking Bad", but good none-the-less. :D

Im halfway through season 4 Freaky and as Maxwell Smart would say.......and loving it!! :)

The_Freak said on the 11th

Of "Breaking Bad", Mr Flounder? :confused:

If I'm not mistaken there's I more season to go before the finish. :eek:

The_Freak said on the 11th

Well, I watched the last episode of Season 2 this afternoon.

Bea got her revenge.

Mr Jackson has been implicated by M/s Ferguson in the escape and ......

Mr Fletcher's gone splat .........

Let that be a lesson to all the young'uns out there who are too engrossed in their mobile phones and who don't watch on-coming trucks who are about to run them over. :eek:

Was it an accident?? ...... or something our M/s Ferguson set up?? ....... Questions, questions. :cool:

The_Freak said on the 11th

I wonder if that's true, Mr Virgindirk or whether it's more a case that there is now a wider market than before to choose from to sell their product.

When the original "Prisoner" aired back in 1979, there were only 5 TV channels (there were no "Pay TV" channels back then ;))

Channel 10 (in NSW that is) took a gamble and put it on at 8.30pm at night.

It proved to be one of the most popular TV shows, not only here but also apparently in the U.K.

But the market now is much wider (and even more so with thingys like NETFLIX) so it's more like "first in, best dressed" (as old Father Freaky would say :p).

It's a shame in a way because not everyone has Foxtel but I think most folks would have free-to-air channels.

So there are a lot of folks missing out on this show. :(

The_Freak said on the 11th

Had a look in Wikipedia and there's no release date on DVD for Series 3 yet.

I'd say, at a guess & looking at a similar pattern for the first two seasons, that it'll be released on DVD later this year sometime. :(

Good news that they will be filming Series 4 in Spring of this year though. :D

flounder

flounder said on the 12th

Of "Breaking Bad", Mr Flounder? :confused:

If I'm not mistaken there's I more season to go before the finish. :eek:

Correct, I almost packed it in at series 2 they seemed to lose the way and was pretty mundane but Marko told me to hang in there and it gets back on track, which it has. Love it. :)

My bad, gonna cop it again for taking thread off track, oops.