Welcome back to Wentworth!

Season two of Aussie women’s prison drama Wentworth starts this week, and promises to again be a hotbed of drama, intrigue, violence… and lesbian sex.

The first episode of the new season will feature the arrival of Pamela Rabe as scary screw Joan Ferguson. Fans of the 1980s version Prisoner Cell Block H will know she lived up to her nickname… ‘The Freak’.

She’s showcased in the exciting teaser clip for the new season – but you can call her “Governor”! Watch it below.

In the original version of the show, Joan Ferguson, played by Maggie Kirkpatrick, was a smart but sadistic lesbian who was famed for her controversial ‘frisk’ search of the inmates. It’ll be interesting to see if the 21th century Freak has similar tastes.

One thing’s for sure though, lesbian passion won’t be far off the agenda. Last year’s finale episode saw Wentworth inmate Franky Doyle (Nicole da Silva) and Governor Erica Davidson (Leeanna Walsman) give in to a passionate clinch, shown below.

It looks like Erica won’t return for season two, so who will Franky set her sights on next?

Wentworth season one is now available on DVD, and season two begins 8:30pm this Tueaday May 20 on Foxtel’s SoHo channel.

Comments

Chettack

Chettack said on the 19th May, 2014

They should have went worth on normal tv,people that don't have foxtel have to wait unfair :(

Virgindirk

Virgindirk said on the 19th May, 2014

Commercial tv networks wouldn't be interested in a show like Wentworth. They're too busy making drama series about glorified underworld criminals , the packer family or 30 something middle class hetrosexual women.

TheOldie said on the 12th Jul, 2014

this show is EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 2nd series is soooooooooooooooooo good

TheOldie said on the 15th Jul, 2014

Vinegar Tits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what an excellent way to introduce us to Vinegar Tits !

This show just keeps getting better ! sure a few stories are lame but that happens in almost any series but the overall story is so good.

Its like the original series when you sat around screaming at things that happened , the new series does the same.

Fingers crossed for Series 3. So many of the characters unfolding they will need another series.

TheOldie said on the 10th Aug, 2014

How fucking awesome was this series !

Just finished the last episode.

THERE HAD BETTER BE A SERIES 3 ???????????????????????????

and we found out how the Freak got her name.

Best line though went to Lizzie Birdsworth when the Police were
searching through her things

Policeman: Whats this ?

Lizzie : Steak Knife

Policeman : Whats it doing here ?

Lizzie : Waiting for a Steak

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Now where is our Inside girl to let us know if there will be a Series 3 ?

Please....................

Mama Catastrophe

Mama Catastrophe said on the 10th Aug, 2014

How fucking awesome was this series !

Just finished the last episode.

THERE HAD BETTER BE A SERIES 3 ???????????????????????????

and we found out how the Freak got her name.

Best line though went to Lizzie Birdsworth when the Police were
searching through her things

Policeman: Whats this ?

Lizzie : Steak Knife

Policeman : Whats it doing here ?

Lizzie : Waiting for a Steak

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Now where is our Inside girl to let us know if there will be a Series 3 ?

Please....................

There is a season 3 darlin'. Its already been filmed and should be in post production now. Be great if they didnt make us wait till next year. xx

TheOldie said on the 10th Aug, 2014

good one thanks Mama !

guess I could have Googled that !

Things just come from left of right in a second ! how they got their names , what happened to Fletch ...will they find whats on his phone ?
Will the Freak get hers ?

but yeah till next year ........................sigh..................

TheOldie said last month on 31st

When I bundled up phone/internet/foxtel they said yes I could add in extra foxtel packages......cue to me wanting to add in movie package
oh you can just add it , you have to re sign for another 24 months..........cunts............ so told them to fuck off but also means I wont be
able to watch Series 3 !!!!!!!!!!!! will have to wait till its released on DVD..............lying turds Telstra

TheOldie said on the 12th

S3E1

Freak : Life with no parole

Frankie : Shit , no wonder you look stressed

Aahahhahahhahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I sooooooooooooooooo love this show

Oh and I got a really nice gay boy on the Foxtel phone who fixed it all up for me :)

TheOldie said on the 12th

The Freak

Tigerland

Tigerland said on the 13th

I was hoping Fletch was going to make a full recovery and return to Wentworth. One of the online promo's appeared to show that but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I think the promo was more of a dream like sequence.

TheOldie said on the 13th

wait and see grasshopper

a_youngster

a_youngster said this month on Tue 14th

This is a terrible show. Just because it's slightly better than other Australian tv shows doesn't mean it's good. The governor looks like Mrs Trunchbull, so stereotypical.

Tigerland

Tigerland said this month on Tue 14th

Whaat? :eek:

Have you followed it right from the start?

a_youngster

a_youngster said this month on Tue 14th

Whaat? :eek:

Have you followed it right from the start?

Why do I need to follow it from the start?

Tigerland

Tigerland said this month on Tue 14th

So you can get a better understanding of the overall storyline. The show just might grow on you. :)

TheOldie said this month on Tue 14th

Whaat? :eek:

Have you followed it right from the start?

dont bite

youngsters only on here to stir

The_Freak

The_Freak said this month on Tue 14th

The Freak

I'm sorry, M/s Pamela Rabe is a wonderful Australian actress but there is only ONE Freak

And that is ...................................

*Drum Roll*

^^^ Ta da! :D

TheOldie said this month on Tue 14th

out with the old !

and in with the new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Freak

The_Freak said this month on Tue 14th

out with the old !

and in with the new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They could always get M/s Maggie Kirkpatrick to play some sort of relative of M/s Rabe's "Joan".

Imagine that ....... two Freaks for the price of one. :D

a_youngster

a_youngster said this month on Tue 14th

dont bite

youngsters only on here to stir

Not sharing the same opinion as you =/= trying to stir trouble.

TheOldie said this month on Tue 14th

errrr you yourself posted about why should you watch the series from the beginning....so you cant
judge if you havent watched the series . You seem to enjoy just taking the opposite opinion to what people post
so yeah that = stirring

have a nice life

TheOldie said this month on Tue 14th

TheOldie said this month on Tue 14th

a_youngster

a_youngster said this month on Wed 15th

so yeah that = stirring

have a nice life

lol I've watched two episodes, I don't need to watch the whole thing to know that I don't like it. That's like saying you need to have full-on sex with a woman before knowing for sure that you are gay. I simple give my opinions, regardless of whether they're different from other people on this board. If you have a problem with that, so be it, and if you're trying to shut me up, it's not working.

Tigerland

Tigerland said this month on Wed 15th

What's your favourite show then? Let me guess....Glee? :rolleyes:

Bar Wench

Bar Wench said last Friday

I am so excited to see Pia Miranda and Libby Tanner back on our screens.

So far I'm wondering where they're going with this season. It lacks the plot direction that the other two have had (S1, Bea's ascent; S2, revenge). Anyone have any ideas where it's going, or will it just be a straight-up Bea vs Gov affair?

Tigerland

Tigerland said last Friday

I think Frankie is going to try and cotton on to this new Prison Psychiatrist.

That other younger girl with the long hair who showed up during last season. I've forgotten her name (She was originally supposed to be Godmother for Doreen's baby). I reckon she's bad news under that sweet and innocent exterior.

TheOldie said last Friday

I am so excited to see Pia Miranda and Libby Tanner back on our screens.

yeah I was wondering similar Wench

still have this weeks to watch as had visitors and I want to keep this to myself :)

but thought it seemed a bit lamer that last 2 series.........still they make surprise us lots of other characters
from original show that can suddenly turn up and cause mayhem

a few male prisoners would be nice , oh and them getting it on as well........sometimes the girls just make blush hahahahahahaaa

crazzymikey

crazzymikey said last Friday

:D:D:D

Mama Catastrophe

Mama Catastrophe said last Friday

I am so excited to see Pia Miranda and Libby Tanner back on our screens.

Although Mama still aching for it she agrees that this season seems a bit directionless. Another thing that seems to be lacking in Mamas opinion is that unlike Prisoner, Wentworth isn't introducing many new inmates. Prisoner always had its core gals but there was a constant stream of new arrivals each bringing new storylines with them.

I think Frankie is going to try and cotton on to this new Prison Psychiatrist.

Oooh yes that gal is gonna be trouble.

Bar Wench

Bar Wench said last Saturday

^ Me three with the baby killer. At first she spun a believable story, but the way she's looking at Doreen's guts makes me think that an involuntary C-Section may well be in the cards.

And Yes, Frankie and the Psych really need to get fingering, and soon. Not nearly enough sleaze in this season - apart from Frankie's shower vom. Thank god we were spared details on that storyline.

Mellovesphotography

Mellovesphotography said last Saturday

omg. its an Aussie OITNB. I didn't even know this existed

TheOldie said last Saturday

get Series 1 & 2 Mel you will love it.............. we all are :)

TheOldie said yesterday morning

Frankie : she had a sense of humour bypass ?

Frankie to Freak : you get a bulk deal ?

hahahaaaaaaaaa

TheOldie said yesterday morning

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

I think this last episode has picked it back up................ loved it

Tigerland