Warning: Sodomy Is Bad ForYour Health

Rev Peter Mullen, a Church of England priest, bigot and part-time blogger has found himself in hot holy water, thanks to a recent blog posting where he wrote, “Let us make it obligatory for homosexuals to have their backsides tattooed with the slogan sodomy can seriously damage your health and their chins with fellatio kills.”

The 66 year old priest who ministers in London removed the comments, and said that he was being satirical. He also defended himself by saying that he has gay friends. We wonder what they thought of his comments?

“I certainly have nothing against homosexuals,” says Mullen. “Many of my dear friends have been and are of that persuasion. What I have got against them is the militant preaching of homosexuality.”

Mullen also called for gay pride parades to be made illegal, labelling them as ‘obscene’, and bitched about the recent blessing of a union between two gay priests which took place in London earlier this year.

A spokesperson from the Diocese of London told media that clergy are entitled to their own opinions, but that these crossed a line and had to be dealt with.

How damaging is bigotry and narrow-mindedness to your health, we wonder?

Comments

Treplon

Treplon said on the 7th Oct, 2008

Can anyone imagine if he had said the same about - say - Jews, or black people. He would have been sacked on the spot in a big media frenzy. That's the real measure of how somehow homphobic comments are shrugged off as "satirical"... and the perpetrator is still in his job.

robbie

robbie said on the 7th Oct, 2008

Welcome back Christian..

genkij

genkij said on the 7th Oct, 2008

I just doesn't kill you or make you crook !?!

genkij

genkij said on the 7th Oct, 2008

I just doesn't kill you or make you crook !?!

morgan

morgan said on the 7th Oct, 2008

Being filled with bile like that can't be good for his blood pressure.

mick65

mick65 said on the 7th Oct, 2008

Warning: smoking is a health hazard and so is the excessive drinking of alcohol etc.etc.. So this bloke should get this tattooed across his arse and bend over and lift his cassock in his next service, then I might get Warning: Sodomy Is Bad For Your Health tattooed on my arse, the only thing is , you won't go blind because there is no light shinning out of my arse unlike his.

mick65

mick65 said on the 7th Oct, 2008

marly

marly said on the 7th Oct, 2008

WARNING- christianity is likely to cause bigotry, fear and general narrow mindedness not to mention feelings of guilt and self loathing and in extreme cases terrorism and war. Think Id rather have a big cock up me arse any day.

camiseta

camiseta said on the 7th Oct, 2008

I wouldn't mind being fellated to death :rolleyes:

drewboi-78

drewboi-78 said on the 7th Oct, 2008

a new warning should be put on the bible then...

WARNING: RELIGION KILLS THINKING SKILLS

GenesisInVain

GenesisInVain said on the 7th Oct, 2008

drew boi i'm with ya! hahaha!

kaypea2007

kaypea2007 said on the 7th Oct, 2008

I actually snorted out loud at this comment... hehehehe! What a cackle... :D

Sodomy has been around for thousands of years... and the people who keep breeding homosexuals are indeed HETEROSEXUALS! haha! So, if we're going to point the fingers of blame to anyone, it should be the heteros...

Kidding... why can't we all just accept each other!? It really just boggles my mind.

brodes13

brodes13 said on the 8th Oct, 2008

100% behind you here Marly - no pun intended

eruantalon

eruantalon said on the 9th Oct, 2008

I hate it when an authoritative member of a particular christian denomination makes a comment like this and then everyone subsequently brands all christians as bigots, close-minded and completely incompassionate. I am a gay Christian and I try to be as open-minded as possible. The gospel teaches a message of loving others as our selves, regardless of who or what they are. If everyone followed this core teaching there would be no problem.

Thrawn04

Thrawn04 said on the 11th Oct, 2008

Very good point Eruantalon! Despite being raised a Christain I will admit that I'm increasingly understanding the points Marly and others make against Christianity. People like that priest is giving Christianity a bad name.
From memory the two core commandments is Love God and Love Your Neighbor. while I'm struggling with the first one :( and having difficulty with the second with all the negativity about (I know at times I don't help :o ), if everybody could just utilise these core beliefs and not get so wound up on the fine print the world would be a better place. :)

largs girl

largs girl said on the 11th Oct, 2008

I don't have any problems with gay christians that don't hate me. It's good that there are some christians that are gay. Sometimes it is hard not to generalise when someone identifies as a spokesperson for a religion. Eruantalon if you are on our side that's good