Find older men near you

The latest in a plethora of Grindr-like apps out there, Mister has just launched on the iPhone App Store and Android Market, specifically catering to older gay men.

“Mister is the new mobile app for men who value strength, masculinity, authenticity and maturity,” says the app’s founders.

“We’re bringing together men of all ages who admire older men. Whether you’re a muscle daddy, silver daddy, bear, cub, jock or the average Joe, Mister makes it easy and fun to discover your ideal man wherever you are.”

The app is brought to you by the crew from the American-based mature all-male site Daddyhunt.com, and works in the same location-based way as various other dating apps like the ubiquitous Grindr, Scuff for bears, Jack’d for younger men, Qrushr for women and various others – even Blendr for our straight mates.

See Mister’s slightly NSFW promo video below, and let us know if you’ve found any luck with dating apps. Is Grindr right for you, or have you found delights on a lesser-known app?

Find Mister on the iTunes app store here.

Comments

Travis de Jonk

Travis de Jonk said on the 21st Mar, 2012

any more portals for meeting guys online, and Ill have to hire a secretary to manage all my profiles and schedule my sex life LOL

MrAsh said on the 21st Mar, 2012

Just got a new app!

Edit: Just deleted the new app. I find the same faces are on this app as they are on all the grids in the other apps. I suppose that's the luck of the draw of living in the thick of gayland.

Just to let everyone know, I didn't see hardly any of this kind of muscle daddy...

It was more of this kind of muscle daddy...

Matt Akersten

Matt Akersten said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

Just got a new app!

LOL! Yes I think this is a common finding with all the various apps out there. The same set of people trying them all out. Well good on you for trying though.

JayTee

JayTee said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

am I a daddy? How do people who are older but looking for someone else even older differentiate themselves? I would hate to be bombarded by twinks young enough to be my son like I am on other apps.

MrAsh said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

They have a what type are you (e.g.chaser/admirer or daddy/Silverfox) profile option. I forgotten what exact terms they use though. Yet when I was on it last night there doesn't seem to be any twinks. The youngest are mature looking 20 somethings, yet there were a few queeny looking chasers.

Virgindirk

Virgindirk said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

Just got a new app!

Just goes to show how gulible the gay scene really is.

grindr,scruff,jackr etc etc all claim to be catering for diffrent men with diffrent tastes but really theres no real diffrence with the same guys on there and many of us including myself and my partner has fallen for it hook line and sinker.

Its the same shit just diffrent smell.

Matt Akersten

Matt Akersten said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

It's not about being 'gullible'. We're just early adopters. And optimistic.

I particularly enjoyed the Facebook comments about this story.

"I don't need an app to find older men, I use my sight, those wonderful older men are all around me."

Versus...

"Finally old men can stop clogging up my Grindr with their futile conversations."

Marc

Marc said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

I am mortified! Last thing I want to be identified as, is a daddy! God, am so shallow about my never ending quest to hang onto my youth.....erm.....'younger self' I lie about my age....although I do use current photos since nothing pisses anyone off when an actual meet occurs to find the person has little resemblance to the 10 year old profile pic. Worse, still I met a twink who is into the "older man" and he rejected me because I looked way too young for my age; I even produced my licence as proof of age......I cried. He was cute, and totally bubble butt fuckable! I give up.

Virgindirk

Virgindirk said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

so marc are you really 38? lol and if so I would not consider you as a daddy :)

Virgindirk

Virgindirk said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

It's not about being 'gullible'. We're just early adopters. And optimistic.

I particularly enjoyed the Facebook comments about this story.

Versus...

The word gullible might have been a slight strong word to use but what Im trying to say is all these gay chat websites/apps/ portals are all the same.

When something in the gay chat/hook up world new launches we all think its gods gift to gay dating and we all pounce on it without realising its gonna have the same guys, looking for the same thing, telling you the same stuff they told you on all the other previous websites/apps/portals you've used.

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

The older I get the younger I like 'em so it's probably a good thing I won't be around for much longer. Men in their sixties chasing after fifteen year old boys isn't a good look :D

Virgindirk

Virgindirk said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

I dont mind men in thier sixties chasing after EIGHTEEN year olds, but its the men in thier sixties pretending to be 18 again in order to attract younger guys is what I find offputting.

mark_ said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

Most people have issues.

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

I just had an image of flounder... he's out of the country right? :eek:

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

I have issues and I blame my mother. No thirteen year old boy needs to be breast fed -_-

TheOldie said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

My seems some just cant accept they are not wanted by everyone.

Who gives a flying fuck what the age difference is. Perfectly fine if not your thing but to fling snide remarks constantly especially when some
are totally fucked up themselves.

Maybe tolerance is disappearing from this community.

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

Maybe tolerance is disappearing from this community.

I've been thinking that

local_warming

local_warming said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

Now all we need is bashar al-assad to call hosni mubarak a dictator who oppressed his own citizens

local_warming

local_warming said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

In my opinion the problem is when older guys only chase after younger men and also as VirginDirk says have a fixation on youth. I find these guys do nothing more than sleaze and objectify young men (e.g. leering young guys shower and adjust themselves at the gym etc...) and IMO they have real issues and are disrespectful creeps. I see heaps of these guys at SOPV's and there are a few on this site who regularly comment on the hot boys thread. :mad:

That would be like saying that fat people shouldnt check out fit people - ridiculous, utterly ridiculous

local_warming

local_warming said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

Who doesnt "leer" in the hot boys of the week thread - thats the whole purpose of the fucking thread you fool ash

MrAsh said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

There is nothing wrong with appreciating or looking. It's the way it's done and that's one thing I've learned myself, decency and respect go a long way.

TheOldie said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

For this week you mean.

If you had learned decency you'd keep your fucking snide remarks to yourself.

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

I obviously have failed at being a decent person despite somehow managing to get two doctorates and spending ten years practising medicine.

When it comes to sex I don't have any respect or decency because that is never the point. Sex is sex and if it isn't wet and dirty then you may as well be taking tea with you mother.

Marko

Marko said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

Cool it guys, no need for this to become another thread on Germaine Greer.

local_warming

local_warming said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

You're logic is all over the place like a mad woman's shit. Show me an example of "decency" and "respect" in the hot boys of the week thread. Or better yet, show me where this HASNT occurred in the hot boys of the week thread.
Its like you're revoking the license to have fun, for anyone 50+ years old. Next you'll have them turned away at the door at the mardi gras after-party, because they should be at home doing things more "suited" to their age.
Advice from ash;over 50 - stay at home 24/7 and learn how to knit

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

If I didn't annoy people my purpose here would be mute.

Everything is theatre so nothing is real.

Marko

Marko said on the 22nd Mar, 2012

Yeah but the Germaine Greer thread went a little beyond annoying someone.

flounder

flounder said on the 23rd Mar, 2012

Yeah Im out of the country numb nuts. You know I dont chase.

flounder

flounder said on the 23rd Mar, 2012

Im so fucking happy we have your approval, for a minute there I thought Id have to change my entire lifelsyle to suit your warped, fucked up, "in my opinion" world. :)

HubbaHubba

HubbaHubba said on the 23rd Mar, 2012

Guys guys guys.

If you are going to throw your opinion around like that can you at least have the decency to cut and paste some references from a published academic!

sneakos

flounder said on the 23rd Mar, 2012

Oh that's right!

I forgot you were God's gift. -_-

Just part of me :D

Matt Akersten

Matt Akersten said on the 23rd Mar, 2012

Sometimes guys do not act their age.

Lazzarus

Lazzarus said on the 23rd Mar, 2012

To stupidity and ignorance and any other shit that annoys me. I'm never deaf to you though babe :rolleyes: