Toyota toys with gender fornew ad

The idea of using a sexy woman to sell a car isn’t new – but a new Toyota ad featuring an androgynous model is now subverting viewers’ expectations.

Featuring 19-year-old Ukrainian model Stav Strashko, this Japanese ad gives you an eyeful of a slim bikini-bottomed body from behind, then a surprise as he turns to face the camera.

The tagline at the end can be translated into English as “Turn your ass towards common sense.”

Take a look:

It’s now has over 5 million views on YouTube and is getting Strashko a lot of attention. Like our own androgynous Aussie couture model Andrej Pejic, he identifies as male but knows his feminine looks make him a sought-after by fashion casting agents.

“I realised that I was androgynous when I began to model,” he told Candy magazine. “All the stylists put women’s clothes on me, and then it struck me that I can really look like a woman.

“I get mistaken for a girl all the time, and I’m used to it now. Usually when people talk to me they soon realize I’m a boy, but sometimes people just keep treating me as a girl not realizing who I really am. I believe that the mind sees what it wants.”

Comments

MrAsh said on the 3rd Sep, 2012

You don't have to find someone sexual for them to be beautiful.

local_warming

local_warming said on the 3rd Sep, 2012

Mist over mountains is beautiful

mostlynice

mostlynice said on the 3rd Sep, 2012

you're right. he's beautiful,

MyBoyFreindIsGay

MyBoyFreindIsGay said on the 4th Sep, 2012

awsome.
But to "Turn your ass towards common sense" you would have to buy a Subaru!!

Simoneybabe

Simoneybabe said on the 7th Sep, 2012

I'd fuck him and I'm a lesbian!

flounder

flounder said on the 8th Sep, 2012

I just showed my wife and her jaw hit the floor, fucking amazing. :D

The_Freak

The_Freak said on the 8th Sep, 2012

@Mr Flounder. Have you seen Andrej Pejic? (below) Andrej is an androgynous Bosnian-Australian MALE model who models both male & female clothing...... Freaky puts it all down to "good genes" and sadly the only good jeans this old Freak has, are hanging up in the wardrobe. :p

http://www.mikesfreegifs.com/main4/artsycutesy/phone.gif That'll be Andrej. He wants those jeans back, damn it! :D

flounder

flounder said on the 9th Sep, 2012

Freaky I thought you'd be more a body shirt, dress shorts, long socks and desert boots?

Nemesis

Nemesis said on the 10th Sep, 2012

I'm 100% jealous. And not HRT in site? I so want his genes (in a nice way, of course, hon)

The_Freak

The_Freak said on the 10th Sep, 2012

Not quite, Mr Flounder. LOL. For a moment there I thought you were going to say ...... dress shorts, long socks and sandals.

Then I have to say that you had me confused with old father Freak. Never could figure out the "long white socks & sandals brigade" :eek::p:D

Princess_Renee

Princess_Renee said on the 12th Sep, 2012

I loved this ad when I first saw it, I gasped at first, laughed then smiled :D