Anthony Callea Back On TheMarket

Anthony Callea’s three year relationship with his boyfriend Paul has ended and according to Sydney Confidential, he’s a little bitter and twisted about it.

“I am officially single as of a week-and-a-half ago,” he said. “You know… shit happens. It’s onwards and upwards for me from here.”

The pair met during Idol in 2004 – Paul was the talent co-ordinator. After Callea lost to Casey Donovan, the pair moved in together. Then Vic Lorusso opened his trap about the pair live on air, outing Callea in the process. The rest is pop history.

So who broke up with who? If Sydney Confidential’s source is anything to go by, it sounds like cracks had been forming for a while, and that it was Paul who eventually put his foot down.

“Paul was besotted with Anthony but Anthony treated him like shit… He’s pretty arrogant and spoilt and Paul put up with it for a long time.”

Of course, you can’t believe everything you read, especially from unnamed sources. Chin up Anthony – we’re sure it won’t take long for the boys to beat a path to your door.

Comments

MelbLouie

MelbLouie said on the 5th Dec, 2007

on Herald Sun confidential, there's an article that seem to imply that someting is going on between Callea and Tim Campbell ex of Home And Away! They are starring in Shout stage...

Be nice if Tim was gay???? He's hot

Stevie Boy

Stevie Boy said on the 6th Dec, 2007

I saw Anthony Callea at Slide around a month ago. He spent most of the night there, didn't leave till late. He was having a great time drinking and dancing and buying other people drinks

jackie87

jackie87 said on the 6th Dec, 2007

hahaha..arrogant hey...I would never have guessed...

meezon04

meezon04 said on the 6th Dec, 2007

oh well if he wants a rebound...

philandering

philandering said on the 6th Dec, 2007

sheesh i just can't see Callea as arrogant spoilt... i mean honestly... no offence to short people but... short person syndrome... i can just see his little tantrums!

lattelad

lattelad said on the 6th Dec, 2007

If I was that HOT and TALENTED I'd be arrogant...to the MAX !

Lea_1

Lea_1 said on the 6th Dec, 2007

Pffft!! '
Sources' say he's arrogant??

I've heard from people who have met him that he's really down to earth and approachable, maybe they can quote *me* as another 'source'.

Sc0rpi0n

Sc0rpi0n said on the 6th Dec, 2007

if only i could just give him my number...

Anthony Mahera

Anthony Mahera said on the 6th Dec, 2007

True colours are usually shown behind closed doors

jasn_REMOVED

jasn_REMOVED said on the 6th Dec, 2007

Not much point accusing him of being "bitter and twisted" and then gleefully repeat things like "He's pretty arrogant and spoilt"... I mean, who actually said that? You just randomly quote it. It's a quote from the News Limited tabloid, and they don't source it properly. So it's second hand reporting from a report that probably invented the quote to begin with. "Source close to the former couple" - I guess that's the "safe" way to defame someone.

jimjazz

jimjazz said on the 6th Dec, 2007

he can sing the prayer at my bedside anyday.

jayboy

jayboy said on the 6th Dec, 2007

Poor boy, it's bad enough breaking up but to have it all in the news and calling you arrogant and bitter, welcome to celebrity Anthony!

adammichael

adammichael said on the 6th Dec, 2007

Breaking up a relationship after 3 years is hard enough without it being splashed accross the media for everyone to have an opionion about. Anthony is a hardworking entertainer who deserves success in evey aspect of his life.

andygisby

andygisby said on the 6th Dec, 2007

Perhaps he should come full circle and ask Vic larusso out ? ( there's a break up in the left lane of the M4 )

danny corvini

danny corvini said on the 6th Dec, 2007

Does that mean we'll see Anthony on Gaydar again soon?

introspect

introspect said on the 6th Dec, 2007

In my line of work i come across the occasional celebrity. I can say that I have met him before and yes sorry to disappoint you boys he is rude and arrogant. So why not throw spoilt, bitter and twisted into the mix!

This chance meeting turned me right off him. I can't stand him anymore.

" philandering" - you're right, it's classic little man syndrome.

Lea_1

Lea_1 said on the 6th Dec, 2007

This chance meeting turned me right off him. I can't stand him anymore.

" philandering" - you're right, it's classic little man syndrome.

Interesting.
I have friends who know him well, and some that have simply met him, and every one of them has formed a totally different opinion of Callea. They found him to be far from arrogant, in fact one of them described him as an unassuming, self deprecaiting type of guy.

Not saying he wasn't arrogant on the occasion that you met him, but I KNOW these people who tell me that he's a good guy, so theirs are the opinions I'm chosing to believe.

mmmmarcus

mmmmarcus said on the 6th Dec, 2007

HA HA HA!! That's brilliant!!!
You're not gay until you're on Gaydar, I was once told.

Well, if he needs someone to help him get through the pain, I'll be there! :D

Funking Trance

Funking Trance said on the 7th Dec, 2007

Is Tim Campbell gay?

I see him and Anthony are being linked together now on news.com.au

I'd never suspected Tim as being gay

Aries Fairy

Aries Fairy said on the 7th Dec, 2007

Tim and Anthony sitting in a tree

Funking Trance

Funking Trance said on the 12th Dec, 2007

Tim Campbell has come out. I was pretty surprised but good on Tim for being honest.

A bit of a roll happening here with famous people coming out or talking about their sexuality. Its good to see.

MelbLouie

MelbLouie said on the 12th Dec, 2007

He what?!

Don't play with me!! My wet dreams may finally came true!

Seriously, it's great to see more and more aussie stars coming out.

Where'd you read that? Any links?