Tori Amos Australian TourDates

We told you earlier this month, and now it’s been officially announced. The sensational, sensual, sinful Tori Amos is coming to Australia this November for a unique solo tour.

On the heels of the release of her 10th studio album Abnormally Attracted To Sin, the breathtakingly wistful and wilful Tori Amos returns to the stage to enrapture audiences nationally throughout this, her fifth Australian tour.

Since her Australian debut in 1992, Tori’s reputation for amazing and moving performances has seen her loyal audiences grow. After the sold-out eight date The Original Sinsuality Tour in 2005, Tori returned with the American Doll Posse Tour of 2007 which ran for 11 dates including three stunning shows at Sydney’s Opera House.

Check out our Never Ending Tori snapshot gallery here.

Dates are as follows:
Melbourne – Regent Theatre, Thurs Nov 12
Sydney – Opera House Concert Hall, Mon Nov 16
Adelaide – Thebarton Theatre, Thurs Nov 19
Perth – PCEC Riverside Theatre, Sat Nov 21
Brisbane – QPAC Concert Hall, Tues Nov 24

Tickets go on sale Friday July 31.

Book through:
Melbourne / Perth: Ticketek 132 849
Sydney: Opera House box office 02 9250 7777 or Ticketmaster 136 100
Adelaide: VenueTix 08 8225 8888
Brisbane: QTix 136 246

Comments

judes1974

judes1974 said on the 23rd Jul, 2009

AAARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!! I LOVE HER!!! SO EXCITING!!

Asherbella

Asherbella said on the 23rd Jul, 2009

I don't see Tori Amos as a huge talent.
Sorry.

Christian Taylor

Christian Taylor said on the 23rd Jul, 2009

wow ash. you obviously haven't looked very hard at what she's capable of.

Asherbella

Asherbella said on the 23rd Jul, 2009

meh. I could easily say the same to you about Michael Jackson.

lyndabelle

lyndabelle said on the 23rd Jul, 2009

i love tori amos i just bought pre-sale tickets from http://www.preferredseating.com.au/vip/tour/36/1755/tori-amos/ a little bit more expensive but worth it!

Christian Taylor

Christian Taylor said on the 23rd Jul, 2009

who's disputing michael jackson's talent?

Asherbella

Asherbella said on the 23rd Jul, 2009

Nobody. My point being that talent inherent in certain artists are not always appreciated by everyone: people have differing styles of music genres they like or gravitate towards artists they can relate to. Tori's talent I can't appreciate, is all I'm saying....

Asherbella

Asherbella said on the 23rd Jul, 2009

benr3

benr3 said on the 24th Jul, 2009

My ticket was $169.90 from http://www.preferredseating.com.au/vip/tour/36/1755/tori-amos/

apparently thats a little more than Ticketek will be selling them for on the 31st July but Its an 'A reserve' ticket - so its one of the best seats in the house.

I didn't want to risk missing out or being stuck at the back so I was happy to pay a bit more.

Lets face it - its TORI AMOS!!!! - I'd re-mortgage my house if I had to!!!!

bellsforher

bellsforher said on the 24th Jul, 2009

Ash, I'd sell my SOUL....yes, my soul, to see Tori Amos. I think those who don't know her music well aren't going to appreciate what an intelligent, balanced, strong and talented woman she really is.
But, you know, I'm a complete Toriphile so.....
I don't jest when i say she helped keep me alive. Read her lyrics sometime, give her another listen. She's worth more than a million of the trash that passes for female talent out there. never compromised her talent to do what others told her to do, writes her own lyrics and piano accompniaments....AND she has a brain. AND she's in her mid-40's still pushing the envelope and looking fantastic.

Peteinoz

Peteinoz said on the 24th Jul, 2009

Are these Preferred Seating tickets any better than what you'd get if you went online on the day? I've booked through Preferred Seating before and been rather disappointed, for the amount I paid. Generally towards the back of the section I was buying into.

Peteinoz

Peteinoz said on the 24th Jul, 2009

Re appreciation of talent - I think it's more than possible to understand an artist's level of talent without necessarily connecting with their output. I'm not a MJ fan, I don't pretend to appreciate him any more now than I did when he was alive which wasn't a lot - I think I only ever bought one of his early singles, but his talent was immense and obvious.

Even a casual observer with little interest in Tori's songs/music would have to note that she is a vocalist and musician with abilities far beyond all bar a select few on the planet.

peter james

peter james said on the 24th Jul, 2009

i agree tori is hot hot hot. is this the website you're referring to> preferred seating?

peter james

peter james said on the 24th Jul, 2009

me again! when does sydney tickets go on pre-sale, checked preferred seating site and no sydney tickets...what the?

hazyinseptember

hazyinseptember said on the 24th Jul, 2009

he's dead and she's alive..

i know which one id rather pay to see... :D

peter james

peter james said on the 24th Jul, 2009

i've booked tickets from preferred seating before too and been happy. apparently they get their tickets directly from promoter. You can't book tickets online anywhere else (i think), so you pay extra to be able to access them before they are sold out to ticketek. i saw tori last time at sydney opera house and she was amazing, so talented!

bellsforher

bellsforher said on the 26th Jul, 2009

is the site preferred seating secure and when do the sydney tix go on sale?????

Christian Taylor

Christian Taylor said on the 27th Jul, 2009

we already have our tickets and are sitting in row L! yay!

benr3

benr3 said on the 27th Jul, 2009

Sydney tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 9am sharp!

(I've been a member of preferred seating for years so they send me this info in emails!)

I've only had one bad experience and that was due to me not understanding how it worked.

they buy from the promoters on pre-sale, so when you buy tix they don't yet know the seat number. They DO advertise the section of the crowd though eg. 'a reserve' or 'gold reserve'.

obviously the seats at the venue aren't colour coded so if you get a seat towards the back of the gold section you're going to be near the silver section.

I would definatley recommend preferred seating for popular artists like Tori Amos,

They usually only work out to be $20 more expensive and this way I'm not left dissapointed if ticketek sell out before I can get through to them.

bellsforher

bellsforher said on the 27th Jul, 2009

I CAN'T GO.
why does it have to be on a Monday?????Oh why oh why?????

I'll just have to deal. I have been to 2 of her concerts... though each one is always unique...
sigh.
grumble.
cry.........:( :(

bhob

bhob said on the 27th Jul, 2009

does anyone have a pre-sale code? If so, can you message me.
Thanks

bellsforher

bellsforher said on the 27th Jul, 2009

I CAN'T GO.
why does it have to be on a Monday?????Oh why oh why?????

sigh.
grumble.
cry.........:( :(

alright, I take it back...with a little help from a lovely friend, and reassurance everything with work out just fine,
I AM GOING!!!!!!!
YAY!:)

bhob

bhob said on the 27th Jul, 2009

tickets on sale through preferred seating now

lyndabelle

lyndabelle said on the 28th Jul, 2009

i love tori amos, can't wait until november, bought my pre-sale tickets from http://preferredseating.com.au/vip/tourevent/36/1755/3431/tori_amos_sydney

bellsforher

bellsforher said on the 28th Jul, 2009

got pre sale tickets thanks to lovely friend being member of Opera House....Circle seats 20-21...can't remember if they're good or not but...WHO CARES???!!!!!
happy happy happy happy happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!